LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Anybody interested in a DIY Coilover kit ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 01:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody interested in a DIY Coilover kit ?

Was looking to piece together a coilover kit because 700 seemed to hight n outta budget so I started looking around and came across a company that's willing to fab up a top n bottom mount to work with w bodies n kits would be able to be seperated to accommodate for different struts or springs as you please. Just trying to get a feel if any of you guys would be interested.
Old 12-08-2010, 01:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm down
Old 12-08-2010, 06:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

i'm game
Old 12-08-2010, 10:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Iv been at work all day and barely getting off. I got pics of the mounts and sleeve kit and I think also the spring I'll show you all and let me know what you guys think.
Old 12-09-2010, 12:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by blakss
Was looking to piece together a coilover kit because 700 seemed to hight n outta budget so I started looking around and came across a company that's willing to fab up a top n bottom mount to work with w bodies n kits would be able to be seperated to accommodate for different struts or springs as you please. Just trying to get a feel if any of you guys would be interested.
Fabrication you say?

See if said company is interested in fabbing up some custom lower control arms and sway bar endlinks to get HiPer Strut into our vehicles.

IMO that's more of an investment than some coilovers.

Advantages? Think almost nonexistent torque steer.

You can provide them this information: https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...body-lcas.html
Old 12-09-2010, 01:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I'll pass them the info. And more than likely they'll be down but like always we gunna need a group buy to get the cost down. As for the coilovers it should be far less then the zzp coilovers depending on what ever strut yu decide to go with .
Old 12-09-2010, 03:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Sorry for the Huge Pics but thats how it showed up btw.
Sleeve kit -

Top Mount -

Bottom Mount -
Old 12-09-2010, 04:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

they look nice any price idea's yet and will their be different spring rates
Old 12-09-2010, 10:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

I think I've seen different spring rate coil over springs in Summit's catalog.

Wonder how much different a mustang or whatever setup would be.
Old 12-09-2010, 11:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

They specialize in mustang setups and pro touring cars so I'm sure the same ideas will be shared. Pricing is still getting worked on and they have diffrent spring rates from 120's up to 300+. I'll keep you guys updated.
Old 12-09-2010, 12:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ok just got an email reply to the control arms and they said they can. That they have made many one off or custom control arms for a lot of different makes and models so that these shouldn't be a problem. And that they were going to research it some more and let know wit pricing . So far so good. Keep your fingers crossed
Old 12-09-2010, 12:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

The HT Motorsports ones have a 350 lb front and 275 lb rear. Might be a good starting point.

Anyways the price would be the main thing. Would have to be less than 1460 (or 1500 shipped) to be competitive with the others if you chose the AGX struts and rear sway bar mounts.
Old 12-09-2010, 01:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ok just got an email reply to the control arms and they said they can. That they have made many one off or custom control arms for a lot of different makes and models so that these shouldn't be a problem. And that they were going to research it some more and let know wit pricing . So far so good. Keep your fingers crossed
That's great news!

I feel this would be a win-win situation: Almost null torque steer for us and great potential sales for the company (access to the entire W body community).

Thanks.
Old 12-09-2010, 02:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

As for the coilover kits. It would be DIY parts. Can be assemblied but I wasn't looking into that because the struts require a lot of modifications. Depends on the strut ran it can be very costly. And as for the control arms yea well see how it goes but I feel pretty confident about it.
Old 12-14-2010, 10:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Interested. Would want to use AGX struts and need rear sway bar mounts.
Old 12-15-2010, 01:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

okay you guys just got a quote on the parts should have pics up hopefully tommorow.im not gunna say the morning cause i work but by the afternoon i should hopefully have some pics up. prices as follows.

-- TUBULAR FRONT LOWER CONTROL ARMS- PR D.O.M. STEEL CONTROL ARMS
WITH CHROME MOLY ROD ENDS-DOES NOT INCLUDE BALL JOINTS PR. BLACK
FINISH -$500.00
**NOTE = EXPECT INCREASED ROAD NOISE WITH THESE INSTALLED -

-- CAMBER PLATES -UPPER W-BODY WITH POLY BUSHINGS-ONE PAIR WITH
HARDWARE - $250.00

-- THURST BEARING KIT FOR COILOVER STRUTS PAIR FOR 2 STRUTS - $45.00

-- COILOVER KIT - $150.00

-- COILSPRING VARIABLE RATE 12.00" X175#-350# - $99.00/PR

Prices are still getting worked out and also gunna see if they can cover shipping or discount some on packaged deal. should have pics and more info tommorow. let me know what you guys think. and any questions or concerns .
Old 12-16-2010, 12:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Ok you guys spoke with the company again and they told me they needed either a down payment or purchase to start the production on the parts but they did give me a few pics of there work and i feel very confident that they can handle the projects we throw at them. Im going to be purchasing my coil over kit tomorrow and il keep you guys updated and have pics of my install for anybody thats interested or has questions just send me a PM.
here are some pics.
Attached Thumbnails Anybody interested in a DIY Coilover kit ?-1292479570.jpg   Anybody interested in a DIY Coilover kit ?-1292479571.jpg   Anybody interested in a DIY Coilover kit ?-1292479572.jpg   Anybody interested in a DIY Coilover kit ?-1292479573.jpg  
Old 12-16-2010, 10:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ok you guys spoke with the company again and they told me they needed either a down payment or purchase to start the production on the parts but they did give me a few pics of there work and i feel very confident that they can handle the projects we throw at them. Im going to be purchasing my coil over kit tomorrow and il keep you guys updated and have pics of my install for anybody thats interested or has questions just send me a PM.
here are some pics.
So those are just general pics of what they do?

Hopefully they can get working on that HiPer Strut later on. It seems like that's what they're into.

Thanks!
Old 12-16-2010, 11:36 AM
TECH Addict

I would be interested. In both products assuming the strut doesn't require much or any modification.
Old 12-16-2010, 11:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Basically these control arms would make the HiPer struts work with our cars and as far as the struts needing modifications , it just the removal of the bottom spring perch [a little cutting , grinding, and sanding] if you got the tools and a some automotive skills you should be fine. There's plenty of writeup to help you guys out also. As far as the pics the work on all diffrent type of setups just need interest to start the production process so I'm going to start getting parts and if you guys wanna get in on it just let me know,but right now my main concern is my brakes and struts . [My driverside strut mount is shot so trying to get that taken care of asap]

Quick Reply: Anybody interested in a DIY Coilover kit ?