Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Engine bay...

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 10:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine bay...

Can I just spray my engine bay with a little pressurized water to clean the motor and bay out without messing anything up?!?! And if not, how do I go about cleaning it all......
Old 12-08-2010, 10:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah but I would try and wrap stuff up that could be affected like electrical stuff and sensors and stuff. And I wouldn't put the end of the nozle say right up next to whatever your hoseing off. I would keep it back away from stuff just a little bit.
Old 12-08-2010, 10:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

well all the sensors and things have rubber seals on them to keep water from getting in the connections and I would keep the nozzle atleast 12" away from everything I spray. My engine bay is just dirty as hell from not having a garage.
Old 12-08-2010, 10:47 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

here ya go: https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...ngine-bay.html

follow it and you'll be happy, i really wouldnt bother with a pressure washer, its not really necessary, dont wanna take the chance of causing more harm than good.
Old 12-08-2010, 11:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

last time i pressure washed my motor the paint started to peel on the wheel wells. Nothing happened to the motor but now the paint looks like crap.
Old 12-09-2010, 05:19 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Follow the write up posted,but be careful using products like simple green,and purple power there very strong if not mixed right,and if not washed all off,I just used engine bright degreasser,it worked good but mine wasn't really bad,I know the detail shops around my area usally charge 25 dollars to clean a engine bay,if you live in northern ohio I work at a detail place when I'm laid off in the winter,just hit me up I can do it free,
Old 12-09-2010, 05:40 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

simple green was the one that could cause issues, but i've never heard anything bad about using Purple Power. either way, you wont have any problems unless you just spray it and leave it for an unnecessary amount of time.
Old 12-09-2010, 09:20 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BOBS99SS
Follow the write up posted,but be careful using products like simple green,and purple power there very strong if not mixed right,and if not washed all off,I just used engine bright degreasser,it worked good but mine wasn't really bad,I know the detail shops around my area usally charge 25 dollars to clean a engine bay,if you live in northern ohio I work at a detail place when I'm laid off in the winter,just hit me up I can do it free,
Man I wish I did but I live in VA. Hell I would have paid you I wouldn't take your time and not give you something. I appreciate the offer!!!

Quick Reply: Engine bay...