Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Looking to buy this 01 z28

Old 12-09-2010, 10:55 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to buy this 01 z28

Going to look at this car today. What is some common issues i should look for?
If it all checks out what should i offer?

http://www.bankstonchevydfw.com/Vehi...ails/901112853
Old 12-09-2010, 05:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Looks like the clear is coming off the front bumper? I would get them to fix that because all it can do from there is spread. Aside from that it looks good. start it up and see if it idles ok. Check for any engine shakes or squeaks. CARFAX.

When you drive it, try and get it to a highway, if there is anything wrong with it normally it will show itself at a high speed ie: brakes, alignment, running rough. Actually drive it when you test it, give it some gas and brake hard to make sure everything is in check. Don't autocross race it or give it hell just enough to make sure its ok. Listen when to the suspension when you go around turns and bumps for knocks and thuds. Thats all I can think of right now and I'm sure others will have some better opinions.
Old 12-10-2010, 02:50 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My brother went to go see that car the other day, he said it was clean BUT, that it was in a front end collion on one of the fenders (dont remember which one).
Old 12-10-2010, 04:22 PM
Staging Lane

I went and drove it and from what i can tell it seems to be in good shape. Ran it pretty hard actually in the test drive. still not real sure about the color though. It never ran rough or had any issues that i could tell. Got it out on the highway and punched it a few times and it definitely didn't miss a beat. It had a few areas where the paint could be better but i realize its 10 years old. That spot in the pics where it looks like the clearcoat is coming off was just a reflection i think. Oil pressure was at about 60 the whole time. Took it to a gas station and checked all fluids and they were all fine. No cracks in the dash, no tears in the seats, power seat worked, cruise control worked, all speakers worked, heater and AC both worked. The only thing i noticed was i couldn't get the fog lights to work. I pointed that out and they said that would be fixed. I told them i wouldnt pay over $6500 for it. They emailed me about it this morning but I haven't replied yet. Overall it seemed like a well cared for car. Ive driven several and this one seemed to be the best taken care of. Looking at the carfax i noticed it was in an accident in 06 but that was the first owner so im guessing the second owner that traded the car in wouldnt know what kind of accident, etc.
Im gonna sit on it a few days and may go get it.
Old 12-10-2010, 04:25 PM
Staging Lane

JJs--- Yeah i noticed that too. It looked like something had hit the front to me as well. Up around the rearview mirrors i could see where one side didnt line up the same as the other. Im no expert but from looking at it i had a feeling the accident on the carfax was from something on the front end.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Looking to buy this 01 z28