Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

clutch/hydraulic issue

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 04:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutch/hydraulic issue

on sunday i read the make your stock master adjustable and did it because i am having a clutch disengagement issue. when i got it back together and bled it shifted like a dream for about 2 days and now its going back to hard shifting and not wanting to go into reverse help!
Old 12-10-2010, 12:29 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like my problem. I put in a tick mc and it shifted great for a while and now it's back o crappy shifting, disengaging at the floor (barely).
Old 12-10-2010, 01:05 PM

it doesnt make sense to me how it could just go to shitty again i mean i didnt mighty vac bleed it i just used the pedal because i dont have a mighty vac.i just want this problem solved cuz it makes me hate driving my car!!
Old 12-10-2010, 05:13 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm in the same boat. I thought my problem was air getting in the line because I didn't have the gasket on the reservoir lid, so I tried getting one and bleeding it again but ita still shifts like crap. Could be a bad slave cylinder?
Old 12-11-2010, 04:00 PM

Idk apparently nobody knows what our problem is man
Old 12-12-2010, 11:44 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've been having the same problem for a LONG time. I can adjust it out some more and it drives great, then a few minutes later it's back to shifting like crap. I've emailed about everyone I can think of and so far everyone is puzzled. Also, when it's cold it wants to scrape going into 5th, and the pedal has a lot of play in it that can be pumped out if I repeatedly pump the mushy spot in it. I've already been thru one tick master as my first one leaked fluid. They were really cool about replacing it though.

I'm thinking that I'm gonna pull the trans and check on my slave and pilot bearing. I've got a monster clutch and I bet that one of those is bad that came with the kit.

I'm getting really tired of shifting issues with this car. T56 hydraulics suck. I just want a mechanical clutch...
Old 12-12-2010, 12:56 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by KurtRardin
I've been having the same problem for a LONG time. I can adjust it out some more and it drives great, then a few minutes later it's back to shifting like crap. I've emailed about everyone I can think of and so far everyone is puzzled. Also, when it's cold it wants to scrape going into 5th, and the pedal has a lot of play in it that can be pumped out if I repeatedly pump the mushy spot in it. I've already been thru one tick master as my first one leaked fluid. They were really cool about replacing it though.

I'm thinking that I'm gonna pull the trans and check on my slave and pilot bearing. I've got a monster clutch and I bet that one of those is bad that came with the kit.

I'm getting really tired of shifting issues with this car. T56 hydraulics suck. I just want a mechanical clutch...
That is exactly my problem too. Except mine scrapes 4th when its cold. Keep us updated on if the slave fixes the issues because that is the only thing I can think of right now.
Old 12-12-2010, 10:39 PM
12 Second Club

slave are self adjusting, adj. master only adjusts where u want the disengage/engage to accurr. sounds like slave has gone south or clutch needs replacing...