Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Here's my 2k SS need som suggestions

Old 12-12-2010, 06:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Here's my 2k SS need som suggestions

I have a 2000 SS Navy Blue camaro and I'm having a hard time deciding on either black turn signals or clear. I know I want black outs in the rear with the crome camaro lettering, also still trying to debate on these halo's. If I do black turn ignals then I'll go black halo's.
Attached Thumbnails Here's my 2k SS need som suggestions-picturesfromcamera006-2-.jpg   Here's my 2k SS need som suggestions-picturesfromcamera008-1-.jpg   Here's my 2k SS need som suggestions-picturesfromcamera009-4-.jpg   Here's my 2k SS need som suggestions-picturesfromcamera010-2-.jpg  
Old 12-12-2010, 06:28 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

black out tails don't look right on NBM cars IMHO. i'de leave em alone and just stick with the stainless letters. also i think clear corners would look great with the stock headlights and chrome wheels.

and maybe look into the 6LE grille with blue bowtie like i have.
Old 12-12-2010, 06:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ya id black em all. depends greatly on wheels too, if you plan on keeping those a while, or staying with the chrome look... and tint!
Old 12-12-2010, 07:06 PM
Teching In

i have a 2000 nbm camaro also and i blacked out my taillights and i dont like it at all im going to take it off and buy stainless steel inserts. also i have clear corners and they look awsome with the stock lights. mayb a billet grill to? heres the front on my car the clear corners not installed in this picture.
Attached Thumbnails Here's my 2k SS need som suggestions-h.i.ds.jpg  
Old 12-12-2010, 07:16 PM
9 Second Club

With the beautiful look of that car, I would go with the clear corners.

What size wheels are those? They look pretty damned perfect on the car. Is it lowered? Something just makes it look right. Something is making the wheels/stance look like a damned show car. What is it?

Your car needs VERY little; it is a beautiful car as it sits. I would really only do a few things...

I completely agree that it would be a mistake to blackout the tails. I would get a set of 1993-1996 tail lights. I absolutely love the way they flow with the LS1 SS Spoiler. Simple and mean at the same time is hard to achieve and that combo nails it.

For the rear side markers, you might consider getting a light spray of NBM on the corners over a coat of VHT NightShades. It would be almost if not a perfect match to the body color body in color.

Tint is a great suggestion. Go dead black on the rear and as dark as the state will let you on the sides.

The only other thing I would do if the car were mine would be a more rounded exhaust tip using a CME (center mount exhaust, check out 6litereaterdesigns for the valence to run a clean CME.

With everything I've said, try to remember this: Your car doesn't NEED anything. As it is, if you drove past me on the freeway, I would very likely veer out of my lane to get as good of a look at it as I could. I guarantee I am not the only one too. People who know FBodies and those who don't will double-take your car for a long

Last edited by transsam; 12-13-2010 at 12:48 AM.
Old 12-12-2010, 07:44 PM
TECH Addict

those are 17" zr1's

and ^ he reminded me of the exhaust, i would definitely go with a better tip. go look at jegs website they have a TON of options for tips.
Old 12-12-2010, 08:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i would only go with chrome lettering and clear corners... less is more!
Old 12-12-2010, 09:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

tinted tails, satin berger panel, CME,
Old 12-12-2010, 09:58 PM
TECH Veteran

Clear for sure. Leave the tail lights alone or maybe blackout only the amber section.
Old 12-12-2010, 10:51 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I say leave it the way it is. Maybe get a new grille, new rims and new exhast tips, but other then that leave it. Follow the KISS rule....Keep It Simple Stupid
Old 12-13-2010, 12:31 AM
TECH Junkie

^ I like the "KISS" rule, lol. But I would leave it other than a grille and maybe a different color on the calipers though other than yellow. And I can't tell or not but I would tint the windows if you haven't already. And I would also get rid of the side molding. As far as the tails, I would leave them and go with a Satin Tailight Panel with "chrome" corner lights and not black.
Old 12-13-2010, 12:47 AM
9 Second Club

I hope you are getting the general idea here. You have a gorgeous car!
Old 12-13-2010, 03:42 AM
TECH Resident

Oven mod your Headlights and paint the inside NBM like your car. Paint the letting "CAMARO" in front silver and fill in the wholes that were left from the front plastic
piece. Clear turn signals and markers. Paint the back CAMARO panel silver and leave the CAMARO lettering NBM. Oh and pin stripe the front SS scoop in silver just the outline of it where the air comes in. and if you can get them cheap LT1 taillights and tint the red part and leave the white part untinted
Old 12-13-2010, 06:21 AM
TECH Addict

ugh if i had this color i would never touch anything. id say save up for a CME and call ti a day. and a grill may be..good looking car tho.
Old 12-13-2010, 11:00 PM
On The Tree

Thanks everyone for the kind words!! Clears it is, I was more leaning towards them anyways. I agree with the grill, I do like the black billet with blue bowtie but I also like the solid wingswest one with the mesh inserts. The windows are tinted just not limo(which is a bummer), guess it could be a weekend project removing that big *** piece of film on the rear glass. I might do red on the callipers this weekend. I'll probably end up keeping these wheels till I can afford TorqueThrust2's. I gotta keep the side molding for now I live in Hawaii and the parking here is stupid the molding is the only thiing saving my doors.

To answer you Transsam they are 17" ZR1s with SLP center caps, part of the SLP package. the car is loward alot, speedbumps are my enemy but its the price you pay for beauty I guess.

I do have a couple questions? What is a CME and ORY?
Old 12-14-2010, 12:47 AM
Teching In

CME= Center Mounted Exhaust, it was an option the SS came with. It has a valence with an opening in the middle for 2 round oval exhaust tips.

ORY= Off Road Y pipe... the pipe that comes off the headers.

As far as the car, I'd leave it close to the same. A lot of good suggestions thrown around. Keep it simple with tint, exhaust, maybe different wheels. Paint the finish panel satin (between the tailights), throw some stainless "CAMARO" letters in there. Maybe do some kind of stripe on the scoop of the hood, and get a SLP grille or some kind of grille. Great looking car!
Old 12-14-2010, 01:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

I have a NBM and I agree with almost everyone else. Clear corners are the way to go. I'd leave sidemarkers alone though. I didn't want to tint my tails, so I went with Export tails. They look ALOT better on NBM than LT1 or LS1 tails.

As for which corners I would get, I would get the frosted style ones. There JUST like the stock ones except clear/frosted. None of that euro trashy BS. They look like they came that way from the factory. Only thing is I had HELL trying to find them when I bought them 2 years ago, and I can't even find them anymore. I think Depo made them if I remember right.
Old 12-14-2010, 02:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by juicestain
I have a 2000 SS Navy Blue camaro and I'm having a hard time deciding on either black turn signals or clear. I know I want black outs in the rear with the crome camaro lettering, also still trying to debate on these halo's. If I do black turn ignals then I'll go black halo's.

Me being a NBM owner as well, i would say you have a nice lookin car. I would no do the blackout in the rear. I would keep the stock headlights, and throw some clear corners, and do a flat black berger with chrome rear inserts..

I would also try and switch out your exhaust tips..
Old 12-14-2010, 03:00 AM
TECH Addict

you clearly dont know cme. google it and see.

Search this Thread