Need to adjust my hood

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 10:33 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need to adjust my hood

One of my headlights gets caught to my hood and doesn't pop open all the way. How do i adjust it this? when i pop the hood open the headlights pops up fine. thanks for any suggestions
Old 12-13-2010, 10:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Was the car recently in an accident? Or body work done, etc?
Got a pic? Could be the hood needs to move, or the headlight door does, or a combination of the two.
Where you located, I'm sure someone is close that wouldn't mind helping you out.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:56 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Super-Bat
Was the car recently in an accident? Or body work done, etc?
Got a pic? Could be the hood needs to move, or the headlight door does, or a combination of the two.
Where you located, I'm sure someone is close that wouldn't mind helping you out.

i replaced the low beam yesterday because it went out. after that i shut the hood and turned them on to make sure they worked and thats when it didn't pop up all the way. it rubs against the hood. I live in garland.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:58 AM
11 Second Club

I'd start by loosening the bolts that hold the housing to the radiator core support and then pull the headlight towards the front of the car and hold it while you tighten the bolts back down.
Old 12-13-2010, 11:17 AM
Teching In

Ima try that when i get to the house today. it was working fine until i change the lights. It shouldn't be that hard to fix.
Old 12-13-2010, 11:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by unlimitedpcs
Ima try that when i get to the house today. it was working fine until i change the lights. It shouldn't be that hard to fix.
You remember leaning on any component, or putting alot of pressure on a certain part/area? Not sure how a simple lamp replacement would throw the alignment off.
In fact, I just changed a bulb Saturday night. No issues.
Old 12-13-2010, 11:42 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Super-Bat
You remember leaning on any component, or putting alot of pressure on a certain part/area? Not sure how a simple lamp replacement would throw the alignment off.
In fact, I just changed a bulb Saturday night. No issues.

I changed both low beams on both sides of the car. The left side works fine but the right side is the one getting stuck. It was harder to removed the right side. I dont know either. ill take some pictures of it later on so people can see what exactly is going on.