Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Mecham power oval tips. Do they come like this

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 08:43 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

Default Mecham power oval tips. Do they come like this

I got some used tips and it was never disclosed that they have two holes in each tip. Do they come with these holes and also mecham isn't anywhere on the tip

Old 12-13-2010, 09:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mine didn't have holes. First set had the Mecham stamped on the top, second replacement set didn't. The tips installed with an exhaust clamp and nothing more and had slits on the side for compression.

Watch the chrome finish. The first set bubbled and flaked off, the second are holding up better.
Old 12-13-2010, 09:28 PM
TECH Junkie

I got them fo. 60 shipped and they guy never told me about the holes or showed me any pics and I want my money back on them now a d he wot refund me. The holes are both threaded and inside tips all carboned up like from flame throwers. Anyone want these for 60 plus shipping
Old 12-13-2010, 10:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ramairetransam
I got them fo. 60 shipped and they guy never told me about the holes or showed me any pics and I want my money back on them now a d he wot refund me. The holes are both threaded and inside tips all carboned up like from flame throwers. Anyone want these for 60 plus shipping
What's the big deal with them? They are used, you can't expect them to be new, and not have the black exhaust soot on the inside. I'm also pretty sure they are mechams. I looked for a cheaper set of knock offs, and you can't find any that are the exact same. Are you upset because he might have had flamethrowers and used that hole for a spark plug or what?
Old 12-14-2010, 01:21 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

if its that much of an issue have the shop weld the holes. and those dont look like mechams
Old 12-14-2010, 01:54 AM
TECH Regular

my mecham tips say mecham on them
Old 12-14-2010, 03:14 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would clean em up and either put them on the car or sale for what you paid for.
Old 12-14-2010, 06:11 AM
TECH Junkie

can really be welded and dont want to spend money on that.They are cast aluminunm and i dont wanna spend money on them .
Old 12-14-2010, 08:51 AM
12 Second Club

I sold them, they were on snakeeaters car long ago, and on my friends trans am this whole summer fine. He used band clamps to cover up the holes when he put them on the car and no I did not know they do not come with holes, thats how ive had them for the past like 2 or 3 years. I showed you like 8 pictures, everything you asked for in txt messages. You paid $50 for $200 tips, I told you they need to be polished and cleaned up and sent pictures of them laying on my table. They are EXHAUST TIPS, there is going to be carbon inside them, especially used.

The function of them is not affected by any of them, clamp them on and they look great, I know because I have seen them first hand in person on a car this summer. I will talk more about this later tonight, I'm getting a headache from this, I am out at college right now for exam week and don't need this kind of stress over used exhaust tips.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:07 AM
TECH Junkie

i got 3 pics, top , bottom and inlet , no pics of the holes. They do affect them . A clamp will go on the end to hold them on and im not running another clamp to cover up a hole.

They tips didn't come with holes from pro comp or mecham . If i saw the holes i wouldn't have bought them for 2 dollars . I don't want to deal with fixing them

I just want my money back on these and you can re sell them .

You keep saying how i got 200 dollar tips for 60 bucks , well they are ruined and i don't want to make them work . I wouldn't use them for free , the holes ruined them .

Man up and refund me my money . And i see you told me in texts you don't do refunds and its in your sig but these weren't advertised honestly .
Old 12-14-2010, 09:17 AM
12 Second Club

Just use a BAND CLAMP. It goes right over the holes, which is exactly what we did to put on my friends car. It looks cleaner, and makes everything nice and smooth. Other then that, you are just trying to use the hole as a reason for why you don't like them because they are "dirty". I sent you 4 pictures, 3 of the tips of every side you asked for, and 1 of the measurements of the size of the inlet as you asked for. The "holes" which I knew nothing about since they worked fine for my friend don't affect it at all because it was already on a car this summer completely fine.

I am really not trying to be mean or anything over this since it's such a small item, but common man. You pmed me asking for them, I got pics when I got home from school and sent you whatever you wanted. I know they work fine on cars because it's been on a car this year already and the holes, bottom, and top, you don't even see on the car to begin with. This is the last time I will post till later on but common seriously. They are used tips that work and look great on the car.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:36 AM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Would you even see these holes installed? With the wide snout and the fact they are mounted low tucked up in the bumper I wouldn't think they would be visable.

Regardless a nice thick exhaust clamp instead of a shitty ubolt clamp should cover them up.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:51 AM
10 Second Club

If it's a big deal, I'd just get them filled in by the welder. To answer your question though, I don't believe they come that way.
Old 12-14-2010, 10:18 AM
TECH Junkie

they are cast aluminum , i don't think they can be welded.

anyone want some tips .
Old 12-14-2010, 10:18 AM
TECH Junkie

since i cant get a refund.
Old 12-14-2010, 10:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Cast aluminum can be welded by an experienced welder, and normally i would be bery upset with a false advertised item, but the price does seem really cheap. But myself as a seller would never try to sell these tips without making sure the seller knew about the holes, that's just a given that something like that should be disclosed...even if the damn thing were only a dollar. I don't clap my exhausts together. All mine are welded, and i prefer to have it all clean and no holes from previous installs.
Old 12-14-2010, 11:39 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ZYA_LTR
Cast aluminum can be welded by an experienced welder, and normally i would be bery upset with a false advertised item, but the price does seem really cheap. But myself as a seller would never try to sell these tips without making sure the seller knew about the holes, that's just a given that something like that should be disclosed...even if the damn thing were only a dollar. I don't clap my exhausts together. All mine are welded, and i prefer to have it all clean and no holes from previous installs.
"This, ..."
But, that's just more cost to the buyer to have to do that now.
And welding up the aluminum, around a chrome plated tip, ..., Well I wouldn't do it, ...

They are not that way originally, as everyone says.

One option is to simply buy four clamps.
Two of them in the stpepped design to clamp them to your tailpipes.
Two of them in a narrower design to clamp around the holes.
Will that look cheesy?!? Hell yes, to anyone who happens to look anyone close to the mounting.

Next option, ..., Tap the holes to a npt pipe port & put a short plug in them.
Or find a plug that fits the current thread & plug them up.

You're best bet, ..., Take some GOOD PHOTOS & SHOW ANY POTENTIAL BUYERS ON EBAY, that you have tips that are ready for Flame-Throwers & hope you can get your money back, plus some, ..., from some Honda owner.

If you had a photo & it showed the hole, you're stuck with them as you simply missed it, without the seller telling the whole story.
If the original photos you have don't show the hole in any significant manner, ..., Seller should take'em back, as maybe there was some 'not whole truths' being shared.

I wouldn't use'em like that. Anyone traveling behind you could see that you have holes in your exhaust tips.

Plug'em, try'em, ..., If ya don't like'em, ..., I've got another set of them need stripped & replated or powdercoated that you could buy!
Old 12-14-2010, 11:56 AM
TECH Junkie

These are the pictures I received. No pics of the holes.

Old 12-14-2010, 12:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

why u didn't bought them new ? $89 for each , u got the clone tips

http://www.mechamperformance.com/d_docs/e_tips.html
Old 12-14-2010, 12:35 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PONTIAC SLP
why u didn't bought them new ? $89 for each , u got the clone tips
he paid 1/3 of that price. and the first person to comment said they didnt all come with mecham stamped on, so they're not necessarily clones

Quick Reply: Mecham power oval tips. Do they come like this