Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

4th Gen SS repro hood?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 05:47 PM
no title here

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 4th Gen SS repro hood?

I know that the VFN hoods are much lighter but I haven't seen a reproduction SS style hood that wasn't some sort of cowl or etc. I would like a direct duplicate of the SS hood....only MUCH lighter. I wasn't able to find one. Thanks for the help
Old 12-14-2010, 06:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

they make them
Old 12-15-2010, 03:14 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by skyhighsami
I know that the VFN hoods are much lighter but I haven't seen a reproduction SS style hood that wasn't some sort of cowl or etc. I would like a direct duplicate of the SS hood....only MUCH lighter. I wasn't able to find one. Thanks for the help

We have SS hoods in FRP and CF
Old 12-15-2010, 05:47 PM
no title here

How much lighter are they than the stocker? And is that just a Carbon fiber skin over a fiberglass hood? That is what the picture looks like. The rear hatch, can that be used on a stock car with stock hardware in an application of wanting to save weight or is it for a race car?

Last edited by skyhighsami; 12-15-2010 at 05:53 PM.
Old 12-15-2010, 05:54 PM
no title here

Originally Posted by venom99
they make them
Please post the link, all I see is a stock style that is a 3" cowl. I want a lighter version of the stock hood. I want stock size scoop and stock style. Not some 90s throw back IROC inspired or stingray clone. A stock looking hood only lighter
Old 12-16-2010, 08:24 AM
FormerVendor

How much lighter are they than the stocker? And is that just a Carbon fiber skin over a fiberglass hood? That is what the picture looks like. The rear hatch, can that be used on a stock car with stock hardware in an application of wanting to save weight or is it for a race car?

They weight about 17 pounds. Our CF parts are FRP reinforced not CF covered fiberglass. They are made the same as Seibon and VIS, it is the industry standard. The hatch is made to be used with all the factory hardware and latches. Let me know if there's anything else you need.
Old 12-16-2010, 06:04 PM
Teching In

link please? i am not finding the stock style ss CF
Old 12-16-2010, 06:54 PM
no title here

Click the link in his sig. How much lighter is the hatch and how well do your parts fit? I'm interested because the factory panels weigh a metric ton. But in my past experience aftermarket parts fit like ****. Also on the scoop what do y'all use over the hole? Can I use the plastic piece from my stock hood?
Old 12-17-2010, 07:59 AM
FormerVendor

Click the link in his sig. How much lighter is the hatch and how well do your parts fit? I'm interested because the factory panels weigh a metric ton. But in my past experience aftermarket parts fit like ****. Also on the scoop what do y'all use over the hole? Can I use the plastic piece from my stock hood?

The hatch weighs about 10lbs at most. Here's a link to a customers car with all of our carbon fiber parts on it. http://aerokits.net/newblog/. I'm sure you could use the plastic piece from your OEM hood.

Quick Reply: 4th Gen SS repro hood?