PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Case learn issues in swapped/hybrid car

Old 12-15-2010, 02:33 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Case learn issues in swapped/hybrid car

Ok, just can't get this thing to learn. Granted, you only really need Case learn for misfire info, but I'd like it,(and I think I periodically have a misfire I'd like to know about).
So In HPtuners, you can use the scanner to do the case learn,(I have HP Tunerspro).

Here's what I know and what I have. 2006 GTO E40 ECM with LS2 motor, 24x in a 94 Mazda RX-7.
Apparently you need to push the brake pedal - that's not wired in, but its a normally closed circuit, so if its not wired in, the ECM thinks the brake is on. The E-brake is supposed to be on as well,(or instead for the E40 ECM's as I understand), and the diagram I can find,(alldatadiy), show it is an open circuit - so I'm not sure on this one... i.e. if it needed to be grounded.
I can rev it to the limiter, and it comes back down - no joy. Sometimes RPM too high, etc.., but I've gotten it to go w/o warning notes. Its also supposed to input an artificial 4000 rpm limit for the case learn - hasn't done that on any of them.
Ideas from those who successfully made this work in a swapped car?
-Bob
Old 12-15-2010, 09:50 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...ase-learn.html

I found this helpful.
Old 12-15-2010, 01:00 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you have HPT/EFIL, it's much easier to see misfires in the log vs. waiting for a code to tell you about them.
Old 12-15-2010, 07:06 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree HPT gives better resolution. I don't want to delete that MIL and would like to not see DTC's every time I check...
That thread was a good thread - and I even posted in it. I think I'm likely going to be wiring up some switches..... not fun...
Old 12-15-2010, 07:31 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob H
I agree HPT gives better resolution. I don't want to delete that MIL and would like to not see DTC's every time I check...
That thread was a good thread - and I even posted in it. I think I'm likely going to be wiring up some switches..... not fun...
I posted this in the other thread too:

Turning off the code does not prevent misfire detection. Misfire detection is only inhibited WHILE THE CODE IS SET.

Search this Thread