Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Saw my exact car yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 06:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Saw my exact car yesterday

On the way in to work, I was coming up to a red light. There was only one car at it, in the right lane. It was a red CTS, which I thought was cool, as I don't see many in that color.

As I got closer, I realized it was a V. I'd guess an '05 because of no "GM" chiclets, and silver wheel centers, but then again, mine looks the same way. I can't tell the difference between Redline and Infrared at a glance.

I got in the left lane, and stopped next to it. I looked over and the driver was a woman my age (mid 30's) with a kid in the car. I gave the horn a quick double-tap, though I was a bit hesitant at first to do so. Thankfully as soon as she looked over, her face sort of lit up. I waved and gave her the thumbs up, and she did the same in return. I was sort of afraid she wouldn't make the connection that we have the same car, and just think I was a weirdo.

It was cool to watch the car as we left the light. I don't see many V's, and they are really a nice looking car to see in motion. And I really like the red the more I see it.

This was in Ashburn, VA if you have a red V and had a similar experience yesterday... I also have several times seen a stealth gray one driving the opposite direction in the mornings.
Old 12-22-2010, 06:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The same thing happened to me as I was getting on interstate 121 a few weeks back. As I was getting on to the on ramp we ended up side by side so I gave it a lil gas and sped up to 80mph in a 70 zone.. the cool thing is that he dipped in behind me pretty fast but the shitty thing was that I was already at my exit and had to get off(didn't want to be late).. we both waived at eachother and went on our ways...
Old 12-22-2010, 09:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I see a few stealth greys around me, only 1 other has the chrome wheels though. I know there's at least 4 of us in Phx.
Old 12-22-2010, 11:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I've seen 3 Vs since I bought this car in june or july. None in red
Old 12-23-2010, 02:19 AM
TECH Apprentice

I'm a light platinum v in Alexandria va.
Old 12-23-2010, 05:35 AM
Staging Lane

Is there even a stealth gray other than mine in New England?
Old 12-23-2010, 10:21 AM
Launching!

Had a similar experience about two weeks ago. A newer Raven V caught up to me on Hwy 6 near I-10. I see more STS-V's(Could be the same two, but still) than I do CTS-v's since I've got mine.
Old 12-23-2010, 11:31 AM
TECH Apprentice

Hwy 6 @ i-10?? Houston?? I had my Cts-v out there in September. I'm born and raised in sugarland. Hwy 6 and west airport
Old 12-23-2010, 03:35 PM
TECH Addict

There is a platinum V that lives about 3 houses down from me but he never brings the car out! Ever!
Old 12-23-2010, 04:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by killernoodle
I've seen 3 Vs since I bought this car in june or july. None in red
I see a fair amount of red v2 CTS's (not V's), but not many/any of the v1's. That's why I was sort of excited even before I realized it was a V.

I guess red wasn't a common color. I debated getting red in the first place, mainly because two of my other cars are red. In fact, every car I've ever bought has been red. But I didn't want black/silver (no offense anyone), and red is what I happened to find that met my criteria (low miles, still under warranty, reasonably local). It's really grown on me since I bought it. I think it looks great.
Old 12-23-2010, 05:43 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by GhettoTy
I see a few stealth greys around me, only 1 other has the chrome wheels though. I know there's at least 4 of us in Phx.
mines a stealth gray with factory chrome wheels, but I'm as far east as you can get and still be in America.
Old 12-25-2010, 10:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Aurora40, I have a V and an Aurora. I love them both hehe. No 1-2 punch I'd rather have.

I think the aurora is the best road trip car of all time.
Old 12-25-2010, 10:38 PM
Launching!

V and classic 99 aurora here Love them both but the aurora is my utility vehicle now and includes a nice trailer hitch for towing my seadoos and it also takes the snow/nasty weather driving duties
Old 12-26-2010, 08:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Heheh, yeah the Aurora really is a great car. It's hard to explain to people who don't have one, because it doesn't sound that powerful, economical, etc. It doesn't really excel in one area, but it's just such a well-rounded car. Hop in that thing and go for a drive, and you could drive it all day with no complaints.

I still love the way it sounds, the engine note is much sweeter than the V's.
Old 12-30-2010, 09:08 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by aurora40
On the way in to work, I was coming up to a red light. There was only one car at it, in the right lane. It was a red CTS, which I thought was cool, as I don't see many in that color.

As I got closer, I realized it was a V. I'd guess an '05 because of no "GM" chiclets, and silver wheel centers, but then again, mine looks the same way. I can't tell the difference between Redline and Infrared at a glance.

I got in the left lane, and stopped next to it. I looked over and the driver was a woman my age (mid 30's) with a kid in the car. I gave the horn a quick double-tap, though I was a bit hesitant at first to do so. Thankfully as soon as she looked over, her face sort of lit up. I waved and gave her the thumbs up, and she did the same in return. I was sort of afraid she wouldn't make the connection that we have the same car, and just think I was a weirdo.

It was cool to watch the car as we left the light. I don't see many V's, and they are really a nice looking car to see in motion. And I really like the red the more I see it.

This was in Ashburn, VA if you have a red V and had a similar experience yesterday... I also have several times seen a stealth gray one driving the opposite direction in the mornings.
Aurora that was me. Mine is an 06 as well. I took the chiclets off. Didn't like them. I have black centers though.
Old 12-31-2010, 11:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lilred
Aurora that was me. Mine is an 06 as well. I took the chiclets off. Didn't like them. I have black centers though.
Hey, awesome! I took those chiclets off mine as well, they are so goofy. I guess I spaced on the wheel center colors.

It was cool seeing you on the road. I work in Dulles, so maybe I'll see you out there again!
Old 12-31-2010, 12:02 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by aurora40
Hey, awesome! I took those chiclets off mine as well, they are so goofy. I guess I spaced on the wheel center colors.

It was cool seeing you on the road. I work in Dulles, so maybe I'll see you out there again!
Aren't you glad you didn't refer to her as anything other than a woman in her 30's with child?

I could totally see someone getting on here talking about some hot *** chick they saw in a car just like theirs and get owned by that person being a member

Pretty cool a random meeting on the street and you make the connection here on Tech
Old 01-03-2011, 01:23 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My mom's still got her 95 aurora sitting in the carport. It's retired with a nasty misfire that's still unsolved. I loved that car when it ran though. It'd be a great extra car to have around.

Quick Reply: Saw my exact car yesterday