Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

how to plumb aeromotive boost referenced regulator

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 01:00 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation how to plumb aeromotive boost referenced regulator

Hey all im wondering what the best way to plumb in an aeromotive boost referenced fuel regulator into my stock 5.3 fuel rails and make it work. Im wondering exactly where to put the regulator, before or after the stock reg? should i leave the stock reg hooked up to vacuum or remove it completely? or cap off the stock return line at the rails and run the return from the aeromotive regulator? probably overthinking it all at the moment but help would be great. I just cant get my head around how to make the aeromotive actually regulate and reference with the stock reg still in the loop. thanks in advance
Old 12-20-2010, 07:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

The stock regulator needs to be removed. Connect the Aeromotive Regulator to the stock return line and vacuum line.
Old 12-20-2010, 11:34 AM
On The Tree

ok thanks. with the stock reg removed will i need to fab a blockoff of some sorts for the rail?
Old 12-20-2010, 01:48 PM
On The Tree

so heres what ive got so far. aeromotive reg on the return side of the rails. i removed the stock reg and gutted it so that it wont do anything its just sealing up the hole on the rail, then i welded the vacuum port shut so that no fuel will escape there and plugged it off. now if i set base pressure to around 48 pounds and then increase it 1:1 with boost i should be set. sound good to everyone?

Quick Reply: how to plumb aeromotive boost referenced regulator