SRS Codes?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 07:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default SRS Codes?

Guys,

On my 95' I have an airbag light and I'm not sure if it's the clockspring or one of the sensors. I'm gonna pull the airbag this weekend to check the continuity of the clock spring to try and rule that out, but I am not 100% sure that is it as my horn and radio controls still work fine and usually a symptom of the clock spring is those going out as well. On the SRS system the only way to get the codes is to have GM hook up a Tech 1 or 2 tool to the SRS module and pull the codes as it is separated from the OBD system. However, my question is there any way on these cars to flash the codes thu the airbag light as lots of models have that, and if so how? I don't wanna start throwing money at it until I know what the problem is and I don't wanna pay a damn dealer $100 just to tell me what the problem is.

Let me know and any help is much appreciated.
Old 12-21-2010, 07:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ok guys, pulled the steering wheel airbag last night and checked the continuity of the clock spring and it checks out fine - even rotated the wheel around to different positions to take a reading and checked out everytime. The problem is not the clockspring and I also checked all the connections and they are all firmly seated, so I think I have a bad sensor or module. Not sure which so I'll have to get it scanned to know, before I throw money at it.
Old 12-21-2010, 07:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ok, anybody have a hookup on the Northside of Houston that could help me with a Tech I or II tool to pull the SRS codes on this 95? I'd like to find out what sensor is bad so I can get it replaced. Let me know.
Old 12-30-2010, 08:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

NVMD guys ruled out everything out except the SIR module and picked up one off of Ebay for $20. Replaced the module tonight and the SRS code is now gone and the SRS/Airbag system checks out and the light went off. Problem solved!!!!
Old 12-31-2010, 01:27 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Where is that module located, is that the one mounted on the radiator support?
Old 01-01-2011, 08:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BizZzatch350
Where is that module located, is that the one mounted on the radiator support?
Hey Neil. I belive your 93 is the same as my 95 as they really didn't change the SRS (airbag) system until 96. The module on the radiator core support is one of the 3 sensors - the other 2 are located one under the center console and the other next to the steering column. The module is located behind the glove compartment - just drop the glove compartment and you will see it straight behind (silver box with a yellow plug). The module is easy to remove as it is held in by plastic clips and to unplug it you will have to fold back a red retension clip to pull the plug out. Let me know if you need any help or have any questions.