Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Wiring Bazooka Speakers

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 01:13 PM
gpr
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Wiring Bazooka Speakers

I got the bazooka speakers to install in the sail panels. I have read all the threads and checked around but have not found what i'm looking for.

I know i need to connect both sets of terminals on the speaker. HOwever which terminal goes to the red wire (positive) and which goes to the negative? i cut off the wire clip from the stock speakers so i can have the speakers plug into the factory harness. Does it matter which i put to positive and which to negative?

I'm assuming the larger terminal is the positive but want to makes absolutely sure before i hook them up.

thanks for the help.
Old 12-21-2010, 02:33 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

Larger terminal is positive.
Old 12-21-2010, 04:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you look at the cone's terminals very closely with enough light, you should see a little plus and minus sign indented into the black plastic, if I recall correctly. But yeah, larger one is positive.
Old 12-21-2010, 05:54 PM
gpr
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks!!!!!
Old 12-22-2010, 01:29 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They are marked...lightly. Best way is what Whitebird said, larger terminal is pos. Or anytime you look at a speaker face down, the right terminal is pos.
Old 02-07-2011, 06:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sorry to revive an older thread, but my bazookas should be in tomorrow or wednsday. Of the 4 wires I need to splice into per side, which are positives, and which are negatives? Is it safe assume that the two with white lines are negative?

I took out the factory speakers earlier last year which still have the clips on them, I just don't have access to them at the moment. I guess I'll be hard wiring these in.

Thanks
Old 02-08-2011, 01:12 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not sure if this helps but if you look on the connector that the sub would have plugged into it should have these wire colors:
Tan...Left Sub +
White...Left Sub -
Dark Blue with White...Left Sub +
Light Green with Black...Left Sub -

Red...Right Sub +
Tan...Right Sub -
Dark Green...Right Sub +
Light Blue with Black...Right Sub -

I copied and pasted this from the FAQ Whitebird wrote. This should at least give you the right wires.
I would run splice connectors to the factory wiring with female connectors on the ends of those and then use some speaker wire on the new subs with male connectors on the ends. This way you can plug them in but still keep the harness intact. When you do get access to the old ones you can then go ahead and wire the stock connectors on and use them at that point and your harness will still be ok. Just an idea.
Old 02-08-2011, 06:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks Ian.

As much as I see Whitebird tell folks to read the sticky, you would think that I would've tried that first. That's what I get....sheesh. lol

Quick Reply: Wiring Bazooka Speakers