Vehicles Wanted Looking for a specific vehicle? Post a WANTED thread here. DO NOT post them anywhere else!

WTB 98-02 LS1 Z28, SS, TA or WS6 with M6 (South Carolina)

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 02:55 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default WTB 98-02 LS1 Z28, SS, TA or WS6 with M6 (South Carolina)

I've worn out another f-body and am looking for a replacement before I sell the old worn out one. I had found pretty much exactly what I was looking for but it was wrecked the night before I was to pick up the car.

I've been searching for months and have gone to my wits end with how many people here have no idea how to sell something, let alone a car.

I'm looking for a modded or stock (modded preferred) LS1 F-body with an M6. I will not consider an auto at all. I am familiar with these cars and how they tend to wear out, so I will have a keen eye out for overdue replacements, rebuilds or fixes.

Considerations:
-Car must be clean and reasonably well-kept aesthetically. That means normal light road wear is ok, but of course I'll want to look at pictures and inspect the car in person. I'm not looking for anything that looks like it has been through a few orbital atmospheric re-entries.

-Higher mileage is ok if there has been replacements/rebuilds of wear components in the drive train. Rebuilt T56s and rebuilt rear ends are a good thing. A stock T56 or rear end with 115000 on it is going to deter me.

-I am NOT looking for a project car. Something that drives but has a bunch of broken or barely functional or half-assed-modded equipment on it isn't likely to interest me.

-Selling? Get the pictures to me; don't ask me to come to you. Either provide them in your post, a link to a site with the photos (photobucket, imageshack, etc) or PM a request for my e-mail address if you don't want to share them publicly.

-I will not consider anything deafeningly loud. If there aren't cats and a muffled exhaust, or you're dumped before the rear bumper, I'll pass. I've suffered enough permanent hearing damage, thanks.

-My budget tops out at 9000 and not a penny more. I *LIKE* to argue and haggle. If you can't handle that (you get offended easily), then just skip right past this thread. I will offer a solid basis (kbb/c&d/nada + used mods) for why I think your car is worth xxxx and I expect you to be able to do the same for your estimate. Working to a number we both can agree on is called negotiating, and that's what I expect to happen. If you can't take the heat, then stay out of the kitchen.

-I am in South Carolina. I will consider a car just about anywhere in the US, but am far more likely to check out stuff that's nearer to me. I likely won't venture out too far west/north unless someone is hanging one hell of a deal out there for me.

I apologize for seeming like a dick, but months of shopping has done it to me.
Old 12-24-2010, 04:22 PM
TECH Resident

There is absolutely nothing wrong with being honest and specific in what you are looking for. Although there are some, more sellers and buyers should respect that. Good luck.
Old 12-26-2010, 02:42 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by BrianSF-GA
There is absolutely nothing wrong with being honest and specific in what you are looking for. Although there are some, more sellers and buyers should respect that. Good luck.
It astounds me just how many people there are buying or selling cars that get instantly indignant over stuff like that.
Old 12-30-2010, 11:20 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Best of luck to you. I was in almost the same situation in NC last Aug-Sept, finally found one that would about match your description on CL in Minnesota! Paid $8K and $675 for shipping. Wish I had someone local to look it over. Considered flying there, but figured the cost would be close enough to avoid a 15 hour drive and didn't have vacation time available to do it. Car came off the carrier and the paint was horrible! Had it totally repainted and it has been good so far. The M6's are so hard to find, though I was preferring one in white. Be patient, this economy has to have some folks ready to let one go.