PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Re-Installed my GMAF - what to look for?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2004, 03:47 PM
Gev
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re-Installed my GMAF - what to look for?

I had uninstalled my GMAF a couple of months ago because it was making the car run like ***.

Recently I re-installed it because I figured I could tune it a little for a rich/lean conditon with the MAF-T. Also, I was running rich with the MAF-T at 10% rich base, and when i changed it back to 5% rich, it would run too lean and the LTFTs wouldn't go to 0 like they should. I had heard that the GMAF leans it out a little so I was hoping that would bring it to the right mixture.

I went logging and everything looked perfectly normal at part-throttle, and at WOT it seemed to be a lot faster. We'll know on the dyno day however for sure.

I was logging the LTFTs, Fuel Trim Cell, all that good stuff. Anything else I should look for that will tell me this thing isn't doing its job?

I logged for a little bit and while driving my LTFTs were mostly at 0 and -0.8% and sometimes dipped to -3.x% and -4.x% at part-throttle. At idle they were way rich like -8% and -10%. That to me told me it was running better at part-throttle than sock and the same at idle.

Any ideas? I tried to be as thorough as possible.

UPDATE: Just got the average of the LTFTs from cells 0-19: -6.3x, -6.4x. Should I adjust the base for only 5% rich?

Last edited by BigBlackZ28; 02-07-2004 at 08:41 PM.
Old 02-11-2004, 02:36 AM
Gev
TECH Addict

ttttt
Old 02-12-2004, 10:11 AM
TECH Addict

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

From what you have posted it looks as though the adjustments that you have made with your MAFT are adaquate. Your LTerms are *slightly* on the low side, but personally I would just leave it 'as-is' until you get to the dyno.

Good Luck
Old 02-12-2004, 01:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

I am doing some testing myself and when my car was running a bit rich the GMAF leaned it out for me but the numbers did not look as good. Odd thing was it felt stronger

Stock MAF

GMAF