LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Intake questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 01:21 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Intake questions

I was sitting here thinking to myself why are there not more intake options for LT1s? Is the stock piece really that good? LS's have both stock intakes, BBK, all the FASTs and Professional Products. And we have Edeljunk. After that it begins to be a custom affair. Also wondering why out intake tracts arent opened up accordingly like LS's are. H/C LS1s usually step up to an 85mm intake tract including the MAF and strokers are starting to use the 100mm MAFs/lids. Do our motors just not respond that well to this?
Old 12-22-2010, 04:22 AM
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hitmanws6
I was sitting here thinking to myself why are there not more intake options for LT1s? Is the stock piece really that good? LS's have both stock intakes, BBK, all the FASTs and Professional Products. And we have Edeljunk. After that it begins to be a custom affair. Also wondering why out intake tracts arent opened up accordingly like LS's are. H/C LS1s usually step up to an 85mm intake tract including the MAF and strokers are starting to use the 100mm MAFs/lids. Do our motors just not respond that well to this?
The air that can flow thru those 58mm openings is more than most people need. Then you can step up to a monoblade if you still feel the need for more. As far as intakes go, there are plenty of places that will port a stock one and even a few that will cut one up.
Old 12-22-2010, 04:42 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This isnt for me, im fine with what I have. This is me just thinking out loud
Old 12-22-2010, 07:51 AM
9 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

well first off i think the main reason for us not having alot of options out there is marketing..........its simple theres just not a big enough market for a performance lt intake....like when dart was going to build us a big bore ltx block......they canned it cause there wasn't enough want for it there was simply not enough money to be made........next to this 95% of the LT builds out there a ported stock lt1 intake is plenty enough for the application......it takes alot of motor to require more than a ported stock intake...........and if this is the case there are options out there for instance i switched to a ported Victor E EFI on my car with a 105mm mono blade and an elbow........so there are solutions out there if it is really needed however it will take a little work to make it work......
Old 12-22-2010, 08:50 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've talked to alot of really bright and experienced people who think the stock intake is plenty capable, however the cam and converter need to be built around the induction package... I was going to go single plane, but with this converter I'll probably do the solid roller and leave the LT4 on there.

Quick Reply: Intake questions