Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Request pics of tri-five air intakes

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 08:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Request pics of tri-five air intakes

I tried the S&P air intake and it completely threw my car into a fit - long story but it did not like that air intake and MAF. I think I have about 7" from the air intake to the core support and not much room to the left or right due to the a/c compressor and PS reservoir. How and what are you 55 56 and 57 guys using?

Jeff
Old 12-23-2010, 10:10 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Jeff, due to space limitations on my '32 with LS1, I was planning on using the S&P air cleaner with the built-in MAF. I would be very interested in hearing your "long story" regarding your experience. Would you be willing to PM me the story so I don't waste my $$ on S&P. On your questions, I saw a video clip on Powerblock TV's most recent e-magazine where Spectre just released at the SEMA show a new 'over the top' air intake for LS conversions with limited room in front of the throttle body. I couldn't find anything on Spectre's web site, the content was from 2009, you would think a major manufacturer would keep it updated better than that.

BTW, did you call S&P for help to sort out your problems and what was their response?

Mike
Old 12-24-2010, 03:44 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

http://intakehoses.com/Merchant2/mer...gory_Code=CHEW
Old 12-24-2010, 09:52 AM
TECH Regular

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Default S&P air filter

Jemo I'm using an S&P filter on my '79 Fox with LS2 conversion due to space constraints, what I did to fix the problem you are experiencing was to run a bead of silicone around the base and top of the air cleaner to make it seal to the filter element, I also put clamps on the hose which runs from the filter base fitting to the right hand valve cover. IMO the filter lid and base are poorly designed there should be a recess machined into them for the filter element to fit into to keep it from "squishing" out when its assembled, which causes the air leak which wreaks havoc with the PCM causing the lean code to be thrown. Hope this helps 79LS1FOX.

Quick Reply: Request pics of tri-five air intakes