Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

stuck on hub

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2010, 06:08 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default stuck on hub

so was pulling the new{to me} z06 wheels off my car to put adapters on to push them out a lil...pass side wheel came right off but the drivers is a diff story. ive had to smack wheels off cars b4 from being tight or crud holding them on but these wont freakin budge. ive hit them with a mallet,then went to a large hammer, even tried lowering the car back down and rocking it from side to side.....tomorrow i'm planning on spending my holiday starting to redo my engine bay so ill get up high on jackstands and go at it from the backside of the tire.....anyone have any input on how to get this damn wheel off
Old 12-24-2010, 07:24 PM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You could try getting the car up well secured on stand(s) and lay down outside the opposite corner of the car far enough away but close enough to kick the tire with your heel. If you jar it enough it should at least pivot on the hub to allow you to use other methods you mentioned
Old 12-25-2010, 09:26 PM
TECH Regular

well put her up on jackstand and kicked the hell out of it/hit the **** out of it with a hammer.....nothing didnt freakin budge.......i dont know if im gonna have to wait till spring now just to bring it to a damn shop or what
Old 12-25-2010, 11:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you do this properly you wont do any damage. Leave all the lug nuts on that wheel just a little bit loose and go drive the car a short distance. This would be my last resort which sounds like your at almost
Old 12-26-2010, 09:45 AM
TECH Regular

I'd try that but it would have to wait since the car is pulled apart upfront for paint work
Old 01-03-2011, 10:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

loosen the lugs but keep them on there so the wheel don't fly off

get yourself a nice 4x4 (wood) and just swing it under there under the car and bang it on the back side of the tire like a giant bat

that should do the trick
but be careful not to knock the car off the jack stands