Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Those using the TCI 29.1 SFI approved flexplate, inside please.

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2004, 09:22 PM
9 Second Club NA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Those using the TCI 29.1 SFI approved flexplate, inside please.

I was wondering if the flexplate is really close to the inside of the bellhousing. Im running the 200-4R with this flexplate, a boy is it close. I didnt know if it was the tranny or if thats just the way they are. Are the TCI units any bigger or thicker than the stock units? Thanks.
Old 02-11-2004, 08:07 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The TCI flexplate is the same size as the OE flexplate as far as the ring gear OD. The 2004R was typically installed in cars that had the small 153 tooth flexplate.
Kevin
Old 02-16-2004, 09:21 PM
9 Second Club NA

Its really close, will I be ok to use it? Does the flexplate budge at all? Just curious because if it ever does and is more than 1/8 of an inch, then its going to hit the inside of the bellhousing. If the outside diameter is no bigger than the stock flexplate, then I shouldnt have a problem because there are few guys running the 200-4R behind the LS1. Im assuming they had no problems or didnt have to modify anything.
Old 02-16-2004, 11:12 PM
The Bull

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The flexplate doesn't grow. As long as you have it on the crankshaft and torqued down you should get very little deflection. Especially in the outward direction. If there is enough clearance to get even .05+" per side in there you should be fine. If you have a 1/8" per side you can drive a Mack truck through that gap!!! Got any photos we can look at? Have you tried to set it on and crank it over without firing it?
Old 02-17-2004, 07:01 AM
Formerly 4mulaJoe

Originally Posted by DERTY
The flexplate doesn't grow. As long as you have it on the crankshaft and torqued down you should get very little deflection. Especially in the outward direction. If there is enough clearance to get even .05+" per side in there you should be fine. If you have a 1/8" per side you can drive a Mack truck through that gap!!! Got any photos we can look at? Have you tried to set it on and crank it over without firing it?
I was thinking the same thing. 1/8" is a ton of clearance.
Old 02-17-2004, 12:05 PM
9 Second Club NA

I took a look under there this morning and I would have to say its more 1/16"! I told you guys double that, but when I rechecked, thats what Im coming up with. What are your thoughts now?
Old 02-18-2004, 01:20 PM
TECH Regular

I think you are fine I didn't see a problem with mine.......like as said earlier they are the same size OD as the stocker and many guys are running the 200-4R's so I don't believe you will have a problem.

Got your's running yet?

I don't yet I had to send the TC back because the original one that was shipped to me had the wrong bolt pattern on it and would not bolt to the flex plate. It has been a week and a half since I shipped it out and I still don't have it back.... This is going on 4 weeks for my car being down and waiting on parts