LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

383 stroker

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2010, 02:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 383 stroker

okay i had a few questions i currently have a 4 bolt lt1 block and a complete rebuilt powerglide... i have scat crank 6.0 rods. and dished top pistons... for my rotating assembly... morroso 4.125 pan.. now i was thinking i could just port the stock lt1 heads and get all new valves pushrods springs and roller rocker system... and stock ported intake. with hooker headers would this set up be worth the time or should i put a lil more money into it?
what kind of hp would i be looking at?
any recomendations on the top end?
Old 12-26-2010, 03:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Just a couple questions...

What car is this going in?
What are your goals (specifically ET/HP)? This is the most important question.
Is the Scat crank cast or forged?
What dish are the pistons (in -ccs) and are they forged or hypereutectic?
What is a Moroso 4.125 oil pan?
Why a Powerglide?
Old 12-27-2010, 01:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its goin in a 1997 trans am
i would like close to 400 rwhp
i will be using this for my weekend driver and just wanna race with some friends im in highschool yet so i dont have alot of money to do anything crazy i took the powerglide because my father had one left over from one of his projects we rebuilt the powerglide and have no use for it now... im just wanting to enjoy my lt1 as far as the pan goes i mispelled it sorry.. and its 4.125 inches deep.. for the clearence...
Old 12-27-2010, 01:21 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stock heads/intake with good porting and a good custom cam will get you 400+rwhp no prob even on a stock short block.
Old 12-27-2010, 02:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You realize a powerglide is a 2-speed transmission correct? You're going to have no practicality with the car whatsoever if you go that route. Big mistake there. What transmission is in it now? You also have to incorporate bolt-on things like exhaust, intake, tuning etc. If you're starting from scratch, this build is going to cost you some serious coinage. I know when I was in HS I had the aspirations, but not the cash.

But look on the bright side...400whp can be had with a heads/cam package on the stock bottom end for a few thousand less than a stroker.

Quick Reply: 383 stroker