Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

nebwie to the LS1

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 11:37 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nebwie to the LS1

Hey everyone,
I have been lurking for awhile, trying to gather some info on LS1's
I recently picked one up for a very very fair price.
I have a 99 f-150 long travel prerunner...and i hate the motor in it. so i would like to put my ls1 into my truck.
I know i will prolly get flack for owning a ford. but the chasis of a ford is great for a long travel truck..just lacks enough power. so i will be working on gutting it and simplifying it with an LS1.
I dont really know anything about LS1's but i here this is the place to come for some help.
I will need to know a few things about engine mods. I dont plan on making it to crazy...i really want reliability!
To get the HP numbers out of a 4.6lt for a 5.4 ltr ford motor it takes a blower or turbo...and idont want that..
a few things to tune an LS1 and reliability is was i am really looking for.
any suggestions or comments are greatly apreiciated.

so first things first...what tranny should i run in my truck. i want to stay automatic and it will be for off road use..

th400?
4l80e?

what are a few mods i can do to add a few HP with out getting crazy in the motor.

here is a pic of it.. i will take more once i get it on a stand.

Old 12-27-2010, 12:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

First I want to say, welcome to the site. Second, you will get a lot more (better) responses to your questions in the conversions and hybrids section.
Old 12-27-2010, 12:39 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by KevinR
First I want to say, welcome to the site. Second, you will get a lot more (better) responses to your questions in the conversions and hybrids section.
Aight thank you..i will go over there and. i just wanted to post a thread.