Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

automatic power?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 07:36 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default automatic power?

So here is the question; How much power can an automatic handle? I am sure it can handle a good amount but, for how long? Going to do heads, cam, and stall. Should be around 430-440rwhp. Thanks for your help.
Old 12-27-2010, 07:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thats a million dollar question if you are referring to a stock 4L60E. That is why i suggest building your tranny and rear end first that way it can hold up to power you throw at it.

Some people have been able to put big hp down, and have it last, while some people have their tranny crap out with just a few boltons. It is hit or miss.
Old 12-27-2010, 07:41 PM
Teching In

Wow. If it was a DD I would start with the tranny. I only get to drive it every few months. Just don't want to throw money at it time and again.
Old 12-27-2010, 10:09 PM
TECH Resident

If you start modding anything, your going to just keep throwing money at it? One thing you can do it get one of those badass tranny's that they have with a warranty that does not void even if you race it. I believe its FLT. And honestly with what your wanting to do, you should be able to hit close to those #'s with bolt ons, cam, stall and a good tune. If you go with heads, you can easily hit close to 500 hp. Just my opinion. GL
Old 12-27-2010, 11:03 PM
On The Tree

I didnt listen to everyone on here that had great info for me at the time. I thought.."My tranny will be okay for awhile with the H/C" Wrong!! Lasted me a Month occasionally gettin on it. Do yourself a favor, Call FLT and talk with them about your setup and save yourself the hassel. I shoulda put this Trans in long before I built my motor!