View Full Version : 2011 Highlander vs. 2011 4 runner

WildBills Toyota
12-28-2010, 06:17 PM
mom is about to buy one of these cars on Thursday but cant decide. 4 runner is very tough looking and bigger but highlander is sleek and more mom like. LOL...Both with be fully decked out limiteds. Can get Highlander limited with nav for 36k or 4 runner limited with nav for 38k. we looked at all the suvs in the market in this range and the toyotas crush the competition. Anyone one own one of these new 2011's

-Ross-
12-28-2010, 06:33 PM
I think they are both decent looking vehicles. I like the 4runner a little more because it's less blah-toyota looking.

WildBills Toyota
12-28-2010, 06:50 PM
I think they are both decent looking vehicles. I like the 4runner a little more because it's less blah-toyota looking.

ya it def has more lines. Just worried about the truck like feel. She is coming from a acura tl so she is used to a pillow ride

Strini SS
12-28-2010, 07:21 PM
I'd Go with the 4Runner, My buddy just traded in his older model 4Runner lasted for 19xk miles.... He picked up loaded 2011 Tundra..

B

texas94z
12-28-2010, 07:24 PM
I'm not a huge Toyota fan. I kinda like the 4Runner because of the ride and engine. But the mpg is comparable to a Tahoe.

JohnFrazee02SS
12-28-2010, 07:24 PM
F*^K Toyota! Gas pedal stickin POSs. She needs to buy a Tahoe or a Suburban intstead of the crap your talking about.

texas94z
12-28-2010, 07:28 PM
F*^K Toyota! Gas pedal stickin POSs. She needs to buy a Tahoe or a Suburban intstead of the crap your talking about.

I'm with you. I'd buy any GM SUV over any Toyota SUV. Hell the new Explorers look promising too.

WildBills Toyota
12-28-2010, 07:32 PM

lol Tahoes suck ass. Over priced dog shit. I gues your one of those closed minded only gm people. Get over it, toyota kills gm bro

JohnFrazee02SS
12-28-2010, 07:46 PM
lol Tahoes suck ass. Over priced dog shit. I gues your one of those closed minded only gm people. Get over it, toyota kills gm bro

No close minded GM, I would buy a Ford or a Dodge. I bet you voted for Obama too.

Morbid
12-28-2010, 08:17 PM
toyota kills gm bro

Not that I care one way or the other but how did you come to this conclusion?

TXZ28LS1
12-28-2010, 08:21 PM
Hands down man the 4 Runner. It looks pretty sweet.

I have a 2010 Camry SE, with the 18" TRD rims and its a damn sweet car. Its actually the wifes. Wife would trade it for a 4 Runner in a heartbeat..LOL.

The camry and nissan maxima IMO, look better than any other 4 door sedan that GM, Dodge, Ford offers.

transam5.7lt1
12-28-2010, 08:33 PM
Hands down man the 4 Runner. It looks pretty sweet.

I have a 2010 Camry SE, with the 18" TRD rims and its a damn sweet car. Its actually the wifes. Wife would trade it for a 4 Runner in a heartbeat..LOL.

The camry and nissan maxima IMO, look better than any other 4 door sedan that GM, Dodge, Ford offers.

Man, this is off topic and I really can't contribute anything to this thread, but I couldn't stop laughing and rolling on the floor from TXZ28LS1 signature!!!! It made my day!!! :D

sc300
12-28-2010, 09:10 PM

Lol...I still think it was an act by congress to fuck over Toyota so GM can get out of bankruptcy and pay back their money...everyone looks good in the end...

-Ross-
12-28-2010, 10:35 PM

Lay off the meth, dude.:jest:

retardedpenguin
12-28-2010, 11:40 PM
I love the new Maxima's. The Tahoe's are friggen beastly, idk what y'all are smoking. And everything is overpriced, been looking at new cars lately and I simply can't put my mind around how people can afford this shit. No wonder everyone is complaining about how they are in debt etc, they are buying all this shit they can't afford.

I have been in both, I think the highlander has a little smoother/nicer interior but it is your typical Toyota. My vote is Highlander.

Y'all should look around a little more, there are a lot of options out there, I like the Acura RDX. The Mazda CX7's are cool but the interior isn't as nice as the others.

Doomsday
12-29-2010, 12:08 AM
I'd go with the 4runner.............and having said that, I'd rather own & drive a 100,000 mile 4runner then a 0 mile Tahoe.

TXZ28LS1
12-29-2010, 01:47 AM
Lay off the meth, dude.:jest:

LOL, shit ross, no way does a damn ford, chevy, dodge 4 door sedan look better than the camry or maxima. The damn malibu/impala look damn near the same. Ford fusion looks somewhat decent, and all of dodge cars use the same front end..LMAO.. Now, im not talking about performance such as SS or SRT models. Im talking as far as looks wise. Here is a pic of my wifes car. The camry/maxima are 2 of the better looking sedan cars out there. All the big 3 did was just put a shiny grill on the front of their cars to give it a cool look..LMAO

MPM IV
12-29-2010, 02:56 AM
Has she driven both? My wife has an 04 4 runner and other than the ride height it dosen't feel truck like at all to me. It's much more narrow than my 08 Tundra which is a pain in the ass to park. I'm currently driving a Subaru Impreza and I can take and park her 4 runner anywhere the Impreza fits.

WildBills Toyota
12-29-2010, 08:18 AM
Has she driven both? My wife has an 04 4 runner and other than the ride height it dosen't feel truck like at all to me. It's much more narrow than my 08 Tundra which is a pain in the ass to park. I'm currently driving a Subaru Impreza and I can take and park her 4 runner anywhere the Impreza fits.

the 11's are much bigger and wider. I think they did a good job with it

WildBills Toyota
12-29-2010, 08:20 AM
No close minded GM, I would buy a Ford or a Dodge. I bet you voted for Obama too.

If you would buy a dodge over a toyota you are the dumbest retard ever. If you like your vehicles being worth 1/2 what you paid for them in 1 year then all the power to ya bro

-Ross-
12-29-2010, 01:23 PM
If you would buy a dodge over a toyota you are the dumbest retard ever. If you like your vehicles being worth 1/2 what you paid for them in 1 year then all the power to ya bro

I bought a Dodge truck. I am fairly happy with it and it's resale value.

I never roaded the shoort buss eiber.

LS2 KLR
12-29-2010, 02:14 PM
Mother in law has a highlander and can't think of anything spectacular about it. Personally I most care about what a vehicle looks like and with that, toyota would be the last company I would buy a vehicle from.

WildBills Toyota
12-29-2010, 02:39 PM
Mother in law has a highlander and can't think of anything spectacular about it. Personally I most care about what a vehicle looks like and with that, toyota would be the last company I would buy a vehicle from.

but you own a trailblazer? LOL....Possibly the cheapest made interior of all time

LS2 KLR
12-29-2010, 05:40 PM
but you own a trailblazer? LOL....Possibly the cheapest made interior of all time

Def a lame interior. I had trouble getting my wife to go along with it due to the interior, loaded or not. Hell I'm still pissed I bought it instead of an srt8. Thanks ls1tech.

Looking at your current and previously owned vehicles it doesn't appear "interior" is on the priority list for you either, lol.

TXZ28LS1
12-29-2010, 07:16 PM

I never roaded the shoort buss eiber.

I definitely do like the dodge trucks though ross.. probably the better looking truck out there.

WildBills Toyota
01-01-2011, 06:45 AM
well after all that she buys a 2011 mazda cx-9. lol. Gave her a deal she couldnt refuse and its a pretty nice car. Seems to be made very well and super loaded.

LS2 KLR
01-01-2011, 08:55 AM
Before the tbss my wife had an 04 and 06 mazda. They really do a great job with the interiors and we never had a single issue with ours. The cx-9s are pretty nice.

-Ross-
01-01-2011, 10:00 AM
well after all that she buys a 2011 mazda cx-9. lol. Gave her a deal she couldnt refuse and its a pretty nice car. Seems to be made very well and super loaded.

My mom bought a new CX-7 about 3 years back. It had a little pep with the turbo and I thought the interior was pretty good. After about a year, she ended up trading it in on a loaded Acura MDX.

WildBills Toyota
01-01-2011, 10:45 AM
My mom bought a new CX-7 about 3 years back. It had a little pep with the turbo and I thought the interior was pretty good. After about a year, she ended up trading it in on a loaded Acura MDX.

Ya they are cool. This one is the grand touring bigger cx-9. I was shocked how nice it was and the price was awesome. Nav, leather, sunroof, 3rd row, power lift gate, 20's, zenon headlights, led taillights..and much more for 32,800. Cant beat that.

LS1vazquez
01-01-2011, 02:25 PM
Mazda's are the bomb. I would definitely rock one if I was in the market and needed a vehicle like that.

At the risk of taking a stone to the head here, I would definitely consider a Hyundai vehicle at this point also. Not sure what they have in the SUV segment but they are getting the act together.

BADZ
01-01-2011, 11:17 PM
Toyota's are very nice but the GMC AWD acadia denali would be my first choice.

retardedpenguin
01-01-2011, 11:45 PM

I never roaded the shoort buss eiber.Lol those Dodge trucks with the Cummins are worth more used now than they even were new. Fucking stupid also because I wanted to get one, now they are too damn expensive.

WildBills Toyota
01-02-2011, 12:54 AM
Toyota's are very nice but the GMC AWD acadia denali would be my first choice.

haha we looked at those. 50k for a gmc is retarded.

-Ross-
01-02-2011, 08:06 AM
Ya they are cool. This one is the grand touring bigger cx-9. I was shocked how nice it was and the price was awesome. Nav, leather, sunroof, 3rd row, power lift gate, 20's, zenon headlights, led taillights..and much more for 32,800. Cant beat that.

Bolded options are what my mom's CX-7 did not have and are the 2 big reasons she ended up trading it in.

-Ross-
01-02-2011, 08:08 AM
Lol those Dodge trucks with the Cummins are worth more used now than they even were new. Fucking stupid also because I wanted to get one, now they are too damn expensive.

Yeah. I bought mine used with 11k miles on it 2.5 years ago. It now has 37k miles and the market value is actually higher now than it was when I bought it.