Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help! I screwed something up trying to delete A4 DTCs for M6

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 07:49 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! I screwed something up trying to delete A4 DTCs for M6

Ok i was doing a A4 to M6 swap in a ls1 car, got everything done and the car started and worked great. I went in and started turning off auto DTCs and reflashed and the car wont start just turns over, the fuel pump relay is making a constant buzzing and the fuel pump is constantly running with key on engine off. Shouldnt it just prime and stop running? Anyways I get get the the OBD2 to respond either it keeps saying "make sure cable is conected and key is in run position... All my fuses and wirring look fine anyideas? I have used my hp tuners 100 times or more on this car.. Im stumped I think it has to do with vats but I cant figure out why the fuel pump would be acting this way just from diff tune.
Old 12-29-2010, 09:29 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

what year/make/model vehicle are you working with? which pcm? any dtcs?
Old 12-29-2010, 09:36 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think you need to find a M6 OS and do a full flash. I know you have to do it the opposite way. Going from M6 to A4. Bill can probably verify here.
Old 12-29-2010, 09:48 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Depends on the pcm, there are 3 different LS1 pcm's so it could go either way.

Segmented files don't need a write entire from my knowledge as long as the os id is the same.

Single segment files do.
Old 12-30-2010, 05:29 AM
Staging Lane

Its a 2001 trans am ws6 and I cant check for DTCs because the VCM will not respond.. everything is getting power and I know its not my software because it works fine on my truck.. IDk why it wont respond, i really screwed it up.. I have power to the dlc, cig lighter, getting fuel to fuel rails fuel pump is still coming on and running non stop with key on. Im goin to replace the pcm today because I hooked my compuetr on another 01 trans am and it did the same thing.no start, fuel pump constantly runs, fuel pump relay buzzing... what did I do to the pcm?

Last edited by Slamed01Ramair; 12-30-2010 at 06:05 AM.
Old 12-30-2010, 06:43 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Slamed01Ramair
Its a 2001 trans am ws6 and I cant check for DTCs because the VCM will not respond.. everything is getting power and I know its not my software because it works fine on my truck.. IDk why it wont respond, i really screwed it up.. I have power to the dlc, cig lighter, getting fuel to fuel rails fuel pump is still coming on and running non stop with key on. Im goin to replace the pcm today because I hooked my compuetr on another 01 trans am and it did the same thing.no start, fuel pump constantly runs, fuel pump relay buzzing... what did I do to the pcm?
Try to flash it back with your original tune. It may go into recovery mode and save itself. If it does, go find a stock M6 file for your year, and do a full flash and swap over the vin, and relink VATS. Then you'll have a starting point for your M6 tune.

If you need help, send me your file. edcmat-l1@msn.com is my email.
Old 12-30-2010, 07:12 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by edcmat-l1
Try to flash it back with your original tune. It may go into recovery mode and save itself. If it does, go find a stock M6 file for your year, and do a full flash and swap over the vin, and relink VATS. Then you'll have a starting point for your M6 tune.

If you need help, send me your file. edcmat-l1@msn.com is my email.
That was my plan but when I try to reflash it the throws the "make sure the cable is connected and key is on" error.. Everytime. So it won't let me do crap
Old 12-30-2010, 08:26 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Slamed01Ramair
That was my plan but when I try to reflash it the throws the "make sure the cable is connected and key is on" error.. Everytime. So it won't let me do crap
Check make sure you've got power to the ALDL. Other than that, you may be screwed.
Old 12-30-2010, 10:11 AM
Staging Lane

Well guys i guess my PCM quit at a wierd time.. I put a diff PCM and it works perfect! Thanks for all the inputs tho