View Full Version : what do i need to know?

12-30-2010, 09:49 AM
I'm starting to think about my next project, my 63 Impala. i want to build an LS for it, either an iron 5.7 or a 6.0 with a carb, probably something like an MS4 cam and a decent set of heads (PRC 5.3L stage 2.5 or something similar). i will use an MSD 6010 box instead of a distributor. what intake should i use? who has the best prices on intakes? will a 750 Speed Demon be big enough for what I'm planning on building?

01-04-2011, 10:51 PM
I'm putting together a carbed LS1 for my Iroc. I'm planning to go with ported 241's, MS4 cam, and a MSD 6010. I have already purchased a Victor Jr intake from Summit. I believe the price was $269. I could have saved $10 going with a Performer RPM but I wanted the Victor JR. I didn't look around too much though. They had a $25 Summit Bucks rebate when I got mine. I'm hoping someone else will chime in about the carb size. I'm pretty curious about that too.

01-04-2011, 11:25 PM
Either the victor jr. or the performer, depends on what the rest of your setup consists of. A 750 will work great, again depends on setup and usage. I am not a big fan of the BG stuff. If you don't have a carburetor already, I would go with a Holley. Good luck with the build!

01-05-2011, 08:13 AM
With a MS4 or any large grind like that, the Vic Jr is the way to go, even the super vic if you want the maximum from your car, in your case, the ported heads(that will probably need some fly cutting with those) you will be able to wind it to 7000 and get the most out of it. The carb will work fine, but a larger piece would benefit a bit more, but nothing the butt-o-meter would be able to tell.