Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help wiring up LC1

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2010, 11:20 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help wiring up LC1

Hey folks, I just got my LC1 kit and am wiring it up but ran into a problem.

I just tried the initial calibration and I have no activity from the LED. I of course checked the LED first and it does indeed work. I checked the voltage across the two wires of the LED (because they are attached to the pushbutton and the signal and ground wires respectively) and I got 5v. This is supposed to be 12V switched. So I'm assuming the problem is that the LC1 cannot operate with 5v. The question is, why am I getting 5V instead of a full 12?

I wired up the LC1 using the stock narrowband harness. I used the LC1 wiring diagram pdf found here http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16501 about 4 posts down.

TO summarize, I wired the LC1 calibration wire and system ground to the A port, the yellow analog output wire to the B port, the blue heater ground to the D port, and the red 12v switched heater wire to the C port on the stock O2 harness.

Any guidance?

Thanks a bunch.
Old 12-30-2010, 12:04 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is on the drivers side harness, I just went under the car with my meter and with the key on, the D wire (which is supposed to be ground) is the one getting 12V, not the C wire, which is supposed to be 12V. What the heck is going on?