Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

need help deciding on cat back

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 10:21 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default need help deciding on cat back

hey guys i have a 3 1/2 fm merge and 3 1/2 inch cut out in my closet brand new im debating wether to just sell it and go with a tsp catted y i will be runnning pacesetter long tubes and corsa cat back along with heads and cam.
how much will the cats and the y merge on the tsp rob me of power versus the custom y i have in mind to build.also would it sound more quieter more refined
Old 12-31-2010, 02:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cats won't rob you of enough to not be worth it. Unless you just HAVE to have the nascar sound. It makes it sound a little smoother and less raspy, and also takes the tone down a notch so you don't attract as much attention. I will personally never have a catless exhaust again.
Old 12-31-2010, 03:33 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Arc00TA
Cats won't rob you of enough to not be worth it. Unless you just HAVE to have the nascar sound. It makes it sound a little smoother and less raspy, and also takes the tone down a notch so you don't attract as much attention. I will personally never have a catless exhaust again.
Agreed. A loud fbody doesn't need even more attention. Plus with nice, hi-flow metallic spun cats you shouldn't loose too much power.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:10 PM
11 Second Club

I replaced my TSP catted Y for there non catted version and It really made my car sound better without making it much louder. I love Magnaflow for that reason as it really quiets down your exhaust system. Dont get me wrong at WOT it screams but at idle and cruising, my car is very tame.
Old 01-04-2011, 01:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Fifedogg
I replaced my TSP catted Y for there non catted version and It really made my car sound better without making it much louder. I love Magnaflow for that reason as it really quiets down your exhaust system. Dont get me wrong at WOT it screams but at idle and cruising, my car is very tame.
Could you post a soundclip? I'm worried my borla is going to be too loud with LTs.
Old 01-04-2011, 02:47 PM
11 Second Club

I dont have a sound clip since I've removed the cats. The one in my sig is the same setup but with cats. Borla isnt quiet IMO I bet it would be pretty loud without cats. Depends on your preference but my local cops are ******** and my setup hasn't gotten me in trouble yet luckily.

Quick Reply: need help deciding on cat back