Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will it be ok not to use a trans. dust/shield?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2004, 06:44 PM
9 Second Club NA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Will it be ok not to use a trans. dust/shield?

Im running the 200-4R and I have no trans. shield and I was wondering if that was going to be a problem? Whats its purpose besides the converter and flexplate not being exposed? Will the 200-4R shield work on an LS1? I bought one for a TH350 thinking it would work, but nope! If I dont need it, then Im not going to worry about it, but if I do, then I have to make sure that its going to work on an LS1. Thanks.
Old 02-08-2004, 10:09 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I didnt use one on my TH350, I tried cutting down a plastic one bit the flywheel is too close to the pan and by the time I cut up the plastic one the flywheel was hanging out anyhow so I pitched it..
Old 02-09-2004, 11:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont have one on my TH400 either. It's better to not run one to help keep the tranny cool. Obviously the last thing you want getting up there is a bunch of dirt or sand, so try to keep it off the rock roads. Don't be afraid to give it a spray of water every so often to keep it from getting allot of buildup from the road either. Little spray of Simple Green, let it soak in, then flush it out with water.

Quick Reply: Will it be ok not to use a trans. dust/shield?