What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

Am I asking too much?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2011, 06:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Am I asking too much?

Like the title says could you check out my link and confirm my asking price.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/vehicle-c...j-12499-a.html

I haven't been too proactive to sell it and I priced it there for some bargaining room too. I have a stack of receipts and theres not another like it. Am I asking too much for this car or is it just bad timing? Let me know what you think thanks in advance.
Old 01-01-2011, 07:03 PM
Staging Lane

Its a great looking car that looks to be in great condition. Tons of respectable mods, but 12500 is a bit high for a formula regaurdless of the modifications. Not trying to come off like a dick but most people willing to shell out that kind of money are going to buy a ws6 of some sort. Looking through the classified section you can easily find multiple ws6s and other highly modified cars cheaper.
Old 01-02-2011, 09:33 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 436 Likes on 315 Posts

Yes, it is probably too high but I have no idea what your mods cost when new. Generally, you can add 25-33% of your mods price to the car. You would need to check www.kbb.com and get a 'private party' fair value, then add the mods percentage. What does that come to?? Even then, it is a tough limited market for a car like that (cash only probably) and the holidays are the toughest time of the year to sell. GLWS!!
Old 01-03-2011, 04:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Bigredmachine
Its a great looking car that looks to be in great condition. Tons of respectable mods, but 12500 is a bit high for a formula regaurdless of the modifications. Not trying to come off like a dick but most people willing to shell out that kind of money are going to buy a ws6 of some sort. Looking through the classified section you can easily find multiple ws6s and other highly modified cars cheaper.
Originally Posted by NC01TA
Yes, it is probably too high but I have no idea what your mods cost when new. Generally, you can add 25-33% of your mods price to the car. You would need to check www.kbb.com and get a 'private party' fair value, then add the mods percentage. What does that come to?? Even then, it is a tough limited market for a car like that (cash only probably) and the holidays are the toughest time of the year to sell. GLWS!!
Thanks guys. I have it at 12500 for some bargaining room and theres only 10k on a performance rebuilt engine and trans. I'm just selling because of my new camaro theres nothing wrong just moving on.