Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ECM programing questions, and another "what's this thing? question...

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 12:04 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ECM programing questions, and another "what's this thing? question...

I'm finally moving again on my 04 GTO LS1/T56 into a Volvo V90 wagon project. Gotten to the point where it's time to spend money again.

I've read that I can't disable VATS without reprograming the computer on the GTO ECM, so I can't try to start it without this step.

I just read a thread about a tuner who seems to forget, or doesn't know how to turn VATS off (for $87) so I'm gunshy to just send it out to an unknown. I would like to hear recommedations for who to go to and about what to expect to pay for just turning off some functions, no "tuning" required.

Besides turning VATS, and the rear O2 sensors off, is there anything else I should be having done? I'm thinking things like fan temps, and I don't know what else - like the thing in the picture below.

Is the reverse lockout solenoid controlled by the ECM or something else in the car?

And finally, what's this.....?
It has what appears to be a fuel line (has a fuel line style fitting) coming out of it headed towards the firewall. I'm guessing it may have been part of the charcol canister system, but don't know if I can toss it or not.

All help and opinioins appreciated...

mk
Old 01-05-2011, 12:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

It's the canister purge solenoid. You can lose it.
Check out the list at the bottom of this page for things to be addressed in the ecu.
http://www.lt1swap.com/programming.htm

Quick Reply: ECM programing questions, and another "what's this thing? question...