Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DBW pedal HELP

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 10:22 AM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default DBW pedal HELP

Man this is getting ugly with this conversion. I have a 2007 6.0 I put a LS6 intake on it with the factory DBW throttle body and I have a couple of issues. First I have the plastic pedal and it will not work with my 1980T/A, second my throttle body hits the corvette water pump. Please any help and pictures would be great.

Old 01-06-2011, 10:24 AM
Launching!

Todd from ebay who redoes harnesses said he will give me an 2004 metal pedal and harness to plug into my TAC modual will that be OK?
Old 01-06-2011, 06:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You'll have to do some improvising.

The pedal isn't likely to bolt up. I cut mine up and grafted on the cars pedal and welded it together with a MIG, Works fine. Don't melt the plastic potentiometer welding it. I had to make the bracket to hold it to the chassis

The bottom of the drive-by-wire throttle where the water jacket can safely be removed. I cut mine off on a band saw. I think it is there to stop icing in the throttle bore at some coffin corner condition of constant throttle high humidity and low temperature.

The PCM, TAC module and electronic throttle must all be compatible or your system will not work, The safest way to do this is to take them off of the same vehicle. However, I believe Street and Perfromance has a chart in their catalog on the component part numbers that are compatable so you might want to check with them. Data has also been posted on this website on compatability too.

Is your accessory drive going to be F-body or Corvette?
Old 01-06-2011, 06:09 PM
Launching!

corvette

Quick Reply: DBW pedal HELP