Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Fixing the paint on an '82 camaro

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 01:17 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fixing the paint on an '82 camaro

This was posted to our forums by a customer... my first car was an '87 so that generation of Camaro will always be near and dear to my heart. Just thought I'd share some pretty impressive results on some almost 30 year old paint.

Originally Posted by Jay.
Hey guys, just decided to post up a few pics of my uncles 84 camaro that has been parked for a long time now. Hopefully i find time to do the whole car, ut for now i just wanted to show my uncle what the final product will look like one day.

So i worked on a section of about 12x18 just behind the t-bars (which i love on these cars)

For some reason you can't really see the improvement from each step after the s&h it didn't translate very well. I took all the pictures with no flash because the flash always glares and hides the swirls. So just try and focus on the clarity of the light in the ceiling should make it a bit easier.

Nothing special, just wanted to share with you guys.

Washed the area, clayed and wiped down with 50/50 isopropyl

Two passes with the S&H, if you look carefully you can see the faintest of spider webs under the light.

Two passes of FMP and one pass of Revive.

One pass of MSW

Then Final product after one pass of BG and one pass of Americana (when i do the whole car, i will wait the 24 for the MSW)

Thanks for viewing guys and girls. Just another man in his grandmothers garage productions.............haha i just had to junkman!! with a grandma twist.
Old 01-06-2011, 01:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

My first car was a '91 which I'm sure had no chance of looking that good. That's impressive for such old paint
Old 01-06-2011, 11:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks damn good for that year. I thought about trying to find something in the real low '90's to try and fix up.
Old 01-07-2011, 02:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

more pics of the car! lol

Quick Reply: Fixing the paint on an '82 camaro