Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

SLP build stickers for the door?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 09:42 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SLP build stickers for the door?

I have a 96 SS that I would like to have repainted in the future but i have been holding off since I have not been able to get the slp door stickers remade.

Last I heard the printer was broken and the ebay link was down becuase of this...I have sent Mr. Hamburger a few PMs over the last 6 months without any responces...Anyone know anything new?
Old 01-07-2011, 06:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dave Hamburger told Me that he sold everything associated with making the stickers, The printer and all the blanks, So I guess they are no longer available from anyone......
Old 01-27-2011, 01:38 AM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Dave! Say it isn't so!!

How the hell are we suppossed to replace those stickers?! I have YET to see an SLP doorjamb sticker that you can even READ without squinting, wrinkling your nose, and getting a ******* headache.It should be mandatory to give your VIN, I agree with that, but in all seriousness, what do we do? PM if need be.
Old 01-27-2011, 08:32 PM
Staging Lane

Is the sticker unreadable, if not my dad use to do a trick by spreading a little thin layer of grease on the door sticker before the car got jammed and after it would wipe the paint off the sticker. It always worked pretty good.
Old 01-27-2011, 08:36 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by frankzlt1
Is the sticker unreadable, if not my dad use to do a trick by spreading a little thin layer of grease on the door sticker before the car got jammed and after it would wipe the paint off the sticker. It always worked pretty good.
Well, the sticker isn't totally unreadable but its not the best. I was thinking of just taping it off now since they do not make them anymore.

The grease is a good idea though. Thanks
Old 01-27-2011, 08:50 PM
Staging Lane

You would've figure that someone would come out with some kinda replacement sticker or even the little # plates that are on the console by now. Think that might be something I might get myself into doing.
Old 02-03-2011, 12:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well the big H replied to me on here once before, so I know he sometimes does. I myself need one of these stickers for my rear bumper (repaint). I also noticed that I do not have one of these infamous "plaques" with the build# on my console anywhere! I have already verified that it is a Firehawk with SLP, but I would still like to know where this number is supposed to be located on an a4 hawk, and how I would get one? Obviously these plaques can be removed, since mine is not there and I cannot see where it would have went? Where does this number actually go, anyone? Additonally, where would I get: a)this number plaque and, b) the sticker? I hope someone can point us all in the right direction here, since most of us with these cars like to keep them badged! It would be comforting to know that SLP has something in mind as far as providing longetivity in product identification and restoration. Thanks for any help.

Last edited by oddwraith; 02-03-2011 at 12:58 PM.
Old 02-03-2011, 03:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

See thread on the Firehawk site.
Possible source, PM for details.
Old 02-18-2011, 02:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I saw some blank SLP stickers on ebay the other day. I don't know how you'd get them printed, but they were on there.
Old 02-18-2011, 03:11 PM

If you got to www.Firehawk.org and go to the for sale section you will see a topic for reproduction SLP stickers by a member there. The decals are 99% identical to the SLP ones and made with vinyl so they will stand up for a very long time, no like the cheap SLP paper ones. I have ordered a spare set for mine just in case.

Derek
Old 02-18-2011, 03:49 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Brangeta
I saw some blank SLP stickers on ebay the other day. I don't know how you'd get them printed, but they were on there.

Would you put the link up please. I search for a little while and didn't see anything.
Old 02-18-2011, 04:46 PM

See if this works: http://messageboard.firehawk.org/vie...hp?f=4&t=10736

Derek
Old 02-19-2011, 07:23 PM
The Scammer Hammer

I actually just bought one of the REAL sets of SLP alteration stickers. I need to hook up with someone to get the printing done, as they are blank, but they are REAL 100% stickers from SLP none-the-less.

I'd like to use them potentially as a template to make us some replacement stickers. Since they are blank, it should be easier to do. Guys, let me know what you think.

Here's a link to what I got http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=400194617436&viewitem= &sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT
Attached Thumbnails SLP build stickers for the door?-slp-stickers.jpg  

Last edited by dr_whigham; 02-19-2011 at 07:34 PM. Reason: Add Picture
Old 02-19-2011, 10:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Pretty Pricey for a Blank Piece of paper..........
Old 02-19-2011, 10:52 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Cheetoh
Pretty Pricey for a Blank Piece of paper..........
Especially if you even do find a way to print them someday, to find out they fade away again in a couple months, ...
Old 02-20-2011, 12:38 AM
The Scammer Hammer

Well, if that's the price I have to pay to help people out, I will. What I had planned was getting some hi-def scans of the originals done, finding someone with Grade A printing equipment, and fooling around with a computer program to "program" the font, text, and lay-out.

From there, all someone would have to do is provide their VIN, the Specs, and then I could print them out. How many questions have we seen on the boards regarding replacement stickers? Am I the only one sick of not being able to get a replacement?

What if some A-hole T-Bones you? Repaint your car? Fade? Wouldn't it be nice to know you're getting a replacement that is as absolutely close to factory as possible?

I just want to help us all out.
Old 02-20-2011, 05:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

As posted earlier:

http://messageboard.firehawk.org/vie...hp?f=4&t=10736
Old 02-20-2011, 09:03 AM
Launching!

Thanx for the link. Even though I have an extra set of original SLP door stickers I wouldn't mind getting a set of these also.....especially for $40.
If I remember correctly, I paid SLP $110 for the originals back when you could still get them.
Old 02-20-2011, 11:36 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by dr_whigham
Well you've obviously missed all the replies in the thread, ..., to know that someone has already taken care of this, with reproductions that won't fade away.
And he already has all the printers & equipment to do it.
Old 02-20-2011, 02:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dr_whigham
Well, if that's the price I have to pay to help people out, I will. What I had planned was getting some hi-def scans of the originals done, finding someone with Grade A printing equipment, and fooling around with a computer program to "program" the font, text, and lay-out.

From there, all someone would have to do is provide their VIN, the Specs, and then I could print them out. How many questions have we seen on the boards regarding replacement stickers? Am I the only one sick of not being able to get a replacement?

What if some A-hole T-Bones you? Repaint your car? Fade? Wouldn't it be nice to know you're getting a replacement that is as absolutely close to factory as possible?

You'd need to get legal permission to make these from SLP for sure. And the font they used was likely produced exclusively for them. If you look at the specifics of the font, the 3, S, I, A, V, 1, 9, 6 and a few other characters are highly unusual, so a reproduction is going to be an obvious reproduction unless you hired a fontographer to recreate the font in a usable format. As far as I can tell, they used dot matrix or impact printers of some sort (similar to receipt printers).

If they didn't have the font created specifically for them, and it was something standard to the computer/printer for making the stickers, you'd need to have the same equipment to do it. Really a big hassle.

If you wanted to make obvious reproductions, you'd still need permission, but you wouldn't have to worry about matching the exact font.

Last edited by Brangeta; 02-20-2011 at 04:11 PM.

Quick Reply: SLP build stickers for the door?