Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

monsoon replacement

Old 01-07-2011, 08:53 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default monsoon replacement

i want to replace the monsoon with a sick headunit cuz i hate the monsoon. i would like to do a big brand name head unit like alpine or pioneer or rockford fosgate or something. i also would like it to be a touch screen but it seems like most touch screens wont fit in the monsoon size radio spot in the car (according to crutchfield) do you guys have any ideas for a head unit or how to make a head unit fit because i need a new one soon.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:16 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you're using the Crutchfield online shopper, it automatically indicates most HUs won't fit without modification. The "modification" is to simply cut off/bend a little bracket in the back of the stock mounting area and most standard single DIN units will fit fine.

As far a double DIN, sorry no experience in that area.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Double DIN will fit but you have to modify the bezel or buy one from 6LE. A little modification in the dash is required too.
Old 01-07-2011, 10:05 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I recommend our vinyl wrapped one, it looks better than stock IMHO and is on sale...

http://6litereaterdesigns.com/store/...roducts_id=190

Search this Thread