Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

WCCH stage 2 LS6 heads!

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 09:02 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default WCCH stage 2 LS6 heads!

Just wanted to ask if anybody has experience with WCCH stage 2 LS6 heads? I am looking into adding some LS6 heads and a fast setup. I hear nothing but damn good things about WCCH. I just wanted to see what kinds of gains people were getting, and how much fast did you guys run? How is the quality? Any issues or anything? There are so many heads out in the market, its really tough to decide..

Yes, i have searched, but all that keeps coming up are like LS7 or WCCH aftermarket castings. Thanks guys
Old 01-08-2011, 11:37 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Richard does great work! He is very honest and prices are very fair. I had him go through a set of LS6 heads I had and he did a great job. The heads had already been CNC ported, etc... I had him check springs, valve job, and put them on the flow bench with and without my intake manifold. I would highly recommend Richard. I currently have a set of his new design All Pro LSW -2 head on my new build.

In regards to how fast can you go it depends on your total set up. My 427 w/LS6 heads, solid roller w/ 13.5-1 compression went 9.90's on the motor with a converter set up for all motor at 3600lbs raceweight. With a tighter converter for nitrous it lost about 0.03 tenths on the motor and would run 10.20's but pick up more on the spray. That should give you an idea but it depends on how fast do you want to go and your budget.

Good luck.

Originally Posted by TXZ28LS1
Just wanted to ask if anybody has experience with WCCH stage 2 LS6 heads? I am looking into adding some LS6 heads and a fast setup. I hear nothing but damn good things about WCCH. I just wanted to see what kinds of gains people were getting, and how much fast did you guys run? How is the quality? Any issues or anything? There are so many heads out in the market, its really tough to decide..

Yes, i have searched, but all that keeps coming up are like LS7 or WCCH aftermarket castings. Thanks guys
Old 01-08-2011, 06:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ericg69ss
Richard does great work! He is very honest and prices are very fair. I had him go through a set of LS6 heads I had and he did a great job. The heads had already been CNC ported, etc... I had him check springs, valve job, and put them on the flow bench with and without my intake manifold. I would highly recommend Richard. I currently have a set of his new design All Pro LSW -2 head on my new build.

In regards to how fast can you go it depends on your total set up. My 427 w/LS6 heads, solid roller w/ 13.5-1 compression went 9.90's on the motor with a converter set up for all motor at 3600lbs raceweight. With a tighter converter for nitrous it lost about 0.03 tenths on the motor and would run 10.20's but pick up more on the spray. That should give you an idea but it depends on how fast do you want to go and your budget.

Good luck.

Thanks alot man!!

I am sure are other people that are running the WCCH heads?
Old 01-09-2011, 07:25 PM
Teching In

I also strongly recommend Richards work. He did a set of 5.3's for my Ls1 along with specing out good comp grind to match. That has been about 5 years ago and everything is holding up fine after numerous track and street runs.

Go with Richard he knows Ls heads, Great customer service and a stand up guy to boot.
Old 01-09-2011, 08:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

thanks guys.. i know richard said something that he uses REV valves. I have never heard of those. Are those any good? His heads are priced very well.
Old 01-10-2011, 03:07 PM
12 Second Club

I'm running WCCH heads, they are amazing and so is their customer service !

Rob (Bad30th)
Old 01-10-2011, 05:13 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i just bought a set of 799s. if they get sent out they will probably go to TEA or something for just some minor cnc work. i thought about wcch since they are down south and i might get them back faster but the price to have some 243s stg2 from there is just way more than im willing to spend for my dd. 2100 is a grip, and 1600 with core exchanges is still a bit high in my eyes.
Old 01-10-2011, 05:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 99 Blue Bird
i just bought a set of 799s. if they get sent out they will probably go to TEA or something for just some minor cnc work. i thought about wcch since they are down south and i might get them back faster but the price to have some 243s stg2 from there is just way more than im willing to spend for my dd. 2100 is a grip, and 1600 with core exchanges is still a bit high in my eyes.
Damn 2100 is pretty pricey. Well i did talk to richard and he said if i bought he cores from him and had them worked it would run me around 1700 bucks shipped to my door. that isnt bad at all.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

I recommend West Coast Cylinder Head too.

I had done a stage 1 port a few years back for my 05 GTO. Lookin back I should have gone with a stage 2 but Richard is a straight up guy.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:50 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by gm02ceta
I recommend West Coast Cylinder Head too.

I had done a stage 1 port a few years back for my 05 GTO. Lookin back I should have gone with a stage 2 but Richard is a straight up guy.
did u just send in ur heads for machine work? how much did that run u?
Old 01-11-2011, 06:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ericg69ss

Good luck.
i just noticed your sig says thanks to r&e racing are you from the a.v. area?

sorry for the
Old 01-11-2011, 06:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

oh btw wcch has the best customer service ive ever had
plus Richard hand ported my proflo intake last year for darn cheap, and ill be taking my new heads to him soon

Quick Reply: WCCH stage 2 LS6 heads!