80 Trans Am build

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 05:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 80 Trans Am build

Plans are a 6.0 with a T70 front mount or heads/cam and a T56 or maybe an auto. Body is in awesome shape with only one rust hole on the quarter. Interior all there but really not usable, most likely switching to black anyways. My 18's from the 70 are going on there also and I have a clean rear bumper along with a shaker hood in the back of the truck. It's going to get a 77 nose also.

It has the original turbocharged 301 that's on it's last leg, it will be coming right out. I wanted to run the 6.0 on the original trans until it blew but I think the trans went out just putting it on the dolly. To be honest I am glad the motor is blown, it gives me a reason to actually go through with putting a built motor in. The towing with the F250 is awesome also.

Old 01-08-2011, 05:20 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh great another promising build from retard. Judging by your past, you will not even come close to finishing what you say you will do and it will be for sale in a month or 2.
Old 01-08-2011, 05:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ProStreet_632
Oh great another promising build from retard. Judging by your past, you will not even come close to finishing what you say you will do and it will be for sale in a month or 2.
I was really hoping I could go past one post without you coming in here and being a douche bag, guess I was wrong.
Old 01-08-2011, 05:53 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by retardedpenguin
I was really hoping I could go past one post without you coming in here and being a douche bag, guess I was wrong.
Well it's kindof hard to not pass quick judgement like he is when you post about a build. I assume your intentions are good but you seem to have the attention spam of well a high school kid and are ready to move on quickly. Nothing wrong with that, just realize that when u post threads about these large builds then almost immediately sell over and over that it's kindof like the boy who cried wolf.

If u build it cool, if not whatever.

Try making a thread that encompasses each of ur builds and desires then look back after a year to see what we see.
Old 01-08-2011, 06:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Randy_S
Well it's kindof hard to not pass quick judgement like he is when you post about a build. I assume your intentions are good but you seem to have the attention spam of well a high school kid and are ready to move on quickly. Nothing wrong with that, just realize that when u post threads about these large builds then almost immediately sell over and over that it's kindof like the boy who cried wolf.

If u build it cool, if not whatever.

Try making a thread that encompasses each of ur builds and desires then look back after a year to see what we see.
I have been getting better about it, did everything I wanted with the 70 Camaro except the motor swap. Other than that I haven't had any "projects" recently. I have money to blow and a car I actually want to build, I held out for a while now searching for the perfect car and this one was it. I actually have the will to build this car. Now of course I can't find a damn 6.0, they were everywhere before I needed them.
Old 01-08-2011, 06:25 PM
TECH Addict

nice truck
Old 01-08-2011, 07:10 PM
On The Tree

not to be a douche, but he's kind of right. maybe you should start posting builds after you have it taken apart and are halfway into it or something...
Old 01-08-2011, 07:13 PM
TECH Regular

Looks like a lot of work. That interior doesn't look to bad to me. Good luck with the build.
Old 01-08-2011, 07:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by red90cobra
nice truck
Thanks.

Originally Posted by Jake_the_Snake
not to be a douche, but he's kind of right. maybe you should start posting builds after you have it taken apart and are halfway into it or something...
A few words of wisdom never hurt no one, I will wait a while next time.

Originally Posted by texas94z
Looks like a lot of work. That interior doesn't look to bad to me. Good luck with the build.
It looks nice but all the panels are dry rotted along with the dash. Carpet is excellent and the seats are ok but incorrect for the car.

I love this car and it's really comfy, glad to be back in another. I promise you guys I will restore this one all the way.

The only thing is I have no clue how the motor and trans are going to turn out but it will be LS powered.
Old 01-08-2011, 07:33 PM
On The Tree

Can't take the truth Retard? You post this stupid *** **** up all the time only to do other crap. Your 70 Camaro was supposed to be a "Pro Touring Camaro"? Do you even know what a Pro Touring car is? Just because you throw some paint on a ratty body and put big wheels on it doesn't make it Pro Touring. A real Pro Touring car would cost you in the neighborhood of $75-$150k and could take as long as 2 years to build.

So before you decide to act like an adult before you actually are, finish something you have started on 1st.

As far as this always being the car you wanted, didn't you have 1 before? It is just like the TA you had that you thought was garbage, you sold it so you could get a truck. Then you want another F-Body, knowing that it was the same base as the garbage you had.

Retard until you actually do something yourself and finish it, no one will take you serious. If this project works out for you great, but just remember, you blow your money on cars when you could be saving for the future when you eventually get out of mommies house.
Old 01-08-2011, 07:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Can't take the truth Retard? You post this stupid *** **** up all the time only to do other crap. Your 70 Camaro was supposed to be a "Pro Touring Camaro"? Do you even know what a Pro Touring car is? Just because you throw some paint on a ratty body and put big wheels on it doesn't make it Pro Touring. A real Pro Touring car would cost you in the neighborhood of $75-$150k and could take as long as 2 years to build.

So before you decide to act like an adult before you actually are, finish something you have started on 1st.

As far as this always being the car you wanted, didn't you have 1 before? It is just like the TA you had that you thought was garbage, you sold it so you could get a truck. Then you want another F-Body, knowing that it was the same base as the garbage you had.

Retard until you actually do something yourself and finish it, no one will take you serious. If this project works out for you great, but just remember, you blow your money on cars when you could be saving for the future when you eventually get out of mommies house.
I understand, I guess this car will be our final "test."

If I didn't do this I would be broke as hell right now, I really don't make anything actually working. I'm having fun, there is no reason to quit flipping cars right now. Once I graduate and go to college, it's over.

Thanks for setting it straight and opening my eyes, unfortunately yes I do have to grow up, it sucks and my time is almost up. I haven't even thought about college yet and you just made me realize I need to get my **** together, I have no clue what I want to do with my life. Maybe one day we will get along.
Old 01-08-2011, 08:18 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Screw it and have fun with it while you can, best lessons learned are on your own time and dime.
Old 01-08-2011, 08:31 PM
Teching In

Damn guys take it easy! I read into a litttle jealousy in the previous posts. flipping cars is a great way to end up with an awesome car for little of your own money. i have owned approximatley 15 cars this past year. I started out with 1500 bucks of my own money and now own a 2000 ss with 12 bolt and fikse and 85k. It works! I never did post anything about the cars I got because I knew I had no connection with them but since this car came along no intent to sale. I hope you do get it built how you want. My advice to you is get rid of that powerstroke unless you have endless cash flow.
Old 01-08-2011, 08:36 PM
10 Second Club

Nice TA can't wait to see it get started. Post up some pictures when you start to get into it.

I with metalic03 get rid of the Ford and stay in something that you can sell fast.
Old 01-08-2011, 08:38 PM
TECH Resident

uhh, i think the body looks rough and the interior looks pretty clean.. And as for having the original 301 turbo charged.. id rebuild that and keep it original.. thats just me...
Old 01-08-2011, 09:11 PM
On The Tree

I understand, I guess this car will be our final "test."

If I didn't do this I would be broke as hell right now, I really don't make anything actually working. I'm having fun, there is no reason to quit flipping cars right now. Once I graduate and go to college, it's over.

Thanks for setting it straight and opening my eyes, unfortunately yes I do have to grow up, it sucks and my time is almost up. I haven't even thought about college yet and you just made me realize I need to get my **** together, I have no clue what I want to do with my life. Maybe one day we will get along.

Retard, I have no problem with you being a kid, most of our problems are when you start these build posts they end up dead. Stick with something and finish it. I wait patiently for my cars to be finished, but I have been around a long time and know how to do it right. I have cars being built in 2 different states with another one on its way in 2 weeks, 1 has been 18 months already and the other here in Houston 10 months for the 1st step of it. It sucks to wait, but for quality it takes alot of time and money. Just get a good education and when you are settled with a good job, house and family you should be able to have something very nice.

Andrew
Old 01-08-2011, 09:19 PM
On The Tree

[QUOTE=metalic03;14335604]Damn guys take it easy! I read into a litttle jealousy in the previous posts./QUOTE]

If you are referring to me then look elsewhere. This has nothing to do with jealousy. This has to do with Retard and all his build threads that always die out and not finish his builds.

And if you knew me, you would know I have nothing to be jealous of.

I will agree with 1 thing, the Pooper Stroke does need to go
Old 01-08-2011, 09:28 PM
Teching In

Not really trying to point anyone out. I know when I was a teen I would have gave my left one to be able to buy sell and trade. Give him him a break he's probably living most gearheads dream when they were that age. If his post are that annoying click elsewhere.
Old 01-08-2011, 09:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by metalic03
Damn guys take it easy! I read into a litttle jealousy in the previous posts. flipping cars is a great way to end up with an awesome car for little of your own money. i have owned approximatley 15 cars this past year. I started out with 1500 bucks of my own money and now own a 2000 ss with 12 bolt and fikse and 85k. It works! I never did post anything about the cars I got because I knew I had no connection with them but since this car came along no intent to sale. I hope you do get it built how you want. My advice to you is get rid of that powerstroke unless you have endless cash flow.
Lol look at his sig, I am jealous of him. He is right, it's time to start figuring out what I am going to do with my life.

Originally Posted by jay7199
uhh, i think the body looks rough and the interior looks pretty clean.. And as for having the original 301 turbo charged.. id rebuild that and keep it original.. thats just me...
The 301 is a terrible motor, there is nothing you can do to make any real power and it doesn't even have the benefit of decent gas mileage. I will probably have to drive miles out into the woods just to even find a place to get rid of it.

Retard, I have no problem with you being a kid, most of our problems are when you start these build posts they end up dead. Stick with something and finish it. I wait patiently for my cars to be finished, but I have been around a long time and know how to do it right. I have cars being built in 2 different states with another one on its way in 2 weeks, 1 has been 18 months already and the other here in Houston 10 months for the 1st step of it. It sucks to wait, but for quality it takes alot of time and money. Just get a good education and when you are settled with a good job, house and family you should be able to have something very nice.

Andrew
Once again, thanks. You've really made me sit down at think about what I am going to do in life.

I will agree with 1 thing, the Pooper Stroke does need to go
The Pooper Stroke isn't going anywhere! I love this truck, rides great and is mint inside and out. It does have the stupid 6.0 but I took my chances. It's nice not having to bum a truck to haul stuff plus there is plenty of room inside. Playing in the mud is fun too.

Old 01-08-2011, 09:42 PM
Teching In

Haha I'll let you learn your own lesson the truck. I just sold mine I was literally stuck with for 3 years. Just replaced it with an 08 d-max( my second). I'm currently pulling a 6.0 out of an f550 with 132,000 miles to do headstuds and gaskets (because of unexplainable coolant loss) says ford. I know where its going lol.

Quick Reply: 80 Trans Am build