Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

need more fuel

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 07:48 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default need more fuel

I own a 04' C5 ZO6 but I've only had it for 11 months. And I'm still learning the fuel system. My question is about my options for increasing fuel without dropping the tank. The car makes roughly 440ish to the tire so I'm pretty sure I need to upgrade in the fueling system to spray a little.
Other than the typical Casper/Racetronics hotwire with the KB BAP is there any other ways to increase the fuel without dropping the damn tank?? I've been reading about the famous Bosch 044 and its potential. I have lots of ideas but I'd like to hear you guys thoughts.
O, and I've talked to all the professionals and they all want me to drop $1200-1700 bucks on there kits plus the price to drop the tank/suspention/tranny/rearend. Seems crazy for a 150 -200 shot. I've considered a stand alone but the rest of the system is hidden and that would blow all the hard work that went into that.
BTW, I'm only planning on spraying about 5 times a month. Because I only go to the track once or twice a month. The rest of the time it will be on the tank pump only. The more I type the more it sounds like the hotwire/BAP is the way to go.
But I still want opinions and facts on this.
Thanks....
Old 01-08-2011, 10:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you don't need to drop the tank on a vette to get to the fuel pump.
Old 01-08-2011, 10:44 PM
TECH Regular

on an 04' ?? I thought post 03's had the C6 style fuel sysyem which meant a top mounted pump. And the pre 03's had the side mounted pump.
Old 01-09-2011, 12:22 AM
Teching In

You will have to drop it on your '04. Many people successfully run the Aeromotive A1000 with braided fuel lines through the rocker panels. I have my own safety concerns with that routing, but many successfully do it.
Old 01-09-2011, 09:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LSOHOLIC
on an 04' ?? I thought post 03's had the C6 style fuel sysyem which meant a top mounted pump. And the pre 03's had the side mounted pump.
My buddy had a 03 and he didn't have to drop the tank.

Sorry but I shouldn't of read through your question so fast, my bad. The 04's have the C6 style setup and have to drop the tank.
Old 01-09-2011, 12:06 PM
TECH Regular

Doesn't ECS or A&A corvette have a fuel sytem upgrade without dropping the tank ?? And I think the ECS system involves a 044 ?? Anybody have info on those setups ??
Old 01-09-2011, 03:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

just get a walboro inline 255... and call it a day, ..that or 044's. Either one will be a safe addition to cars making 550-700wheel with no issues, or dropping the tank on any C5 fuel configuration...be it side or top mount. Removing the fuel pump is not too bad to remove on 04 and up cars after you do several. However, i don't recommend someone inexperienced should do...as you could easily break something, or simply not line up the hoses correctly, causing a vacuum-suction problem. NOBODY in our shop likes to do it, so i usually get stuck doing it... not fun but, I've had worse jobs.
Old 01-09-2011, 03:41 PM
TECH Regular

Thank you...but...in line ?? Is it that simple ?? What about check valves, bypass, and wiring it ?? I'd like it to come on line when I arm the nitrous. Is that possible ??
If you could, shed some light on the details or a link where I can read up on it. Again thanks...

Last edited by LSOHOLIC; 01-09-2011 at 03:49 PM.
Old 01-09-2011, 04:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

if your worried about nitrous only fuel, why not go with nitrodaves setup? standalone fuel cell,...only when you need it.

the inline pump is pretty easy. Common style fuel delivery for many blower/turbo kits that come with kits like procharger, vortech, etc etc. just look up inline pump in here or in the fueling section, I'm sure you could find it there but...given your needs, I'd look into a standalone fuel setup from one of our vendors...fill it with some good fuel....and have at it.
Old 01-09-2011, 05:42 PM
TECH Regular

"I've considered a stand alone but the rest of the system is hidden and that would blow all the hard work that went into that."

I said this in the original statement but I would consider converting the washer res. if it was do-able. I need to research that. When I open the hood I like it to look stock and clean (as in simple). Nitro Dave has a stand alone system but....to...racey/ricer to me. I already own (66 chevyII) a race car, I'm trying to keep this a clean street car. And not head down the trailer queen road.
But thanks for the input.

And about the BAP, if I'm roughly at 500 at the flywheel now and I want to spray 150-200 then I would be on the edge if not past the BAP limits. Right ??

Last edited by LSOHOLIC; 01-09-2011 at 05:59 PM.
Old 01-09-2011, 10:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

plenty of hiding places.... use your head. ....plenty of room underneath either headlight. ...or inside either fender.