Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

clutch help

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 05:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutch help

My plans are to run a l33 backed by a m12 T56 and had a few questions about the different set ups.
Whats the difference between the ls2,ls6, and ls7 style setups? Having a GTO trans, do I need to run the GTO slave/ master or will any do? Whats the deal with the speed bleeders, is it really that difficult to bleed the clutch system? Sorry for all the questions but I want to get it done right instead of going at it 3 times. Thanks for your help
Old 01-09-2011, 08:36 PM
TDP
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The LS2/LS7 is simply a stock clutch for C6 Vettes and the new Camaro...basically anything 05 and up with an M6 has the LS2 flywheel and LS7 clutch. The LS1/LS6 is the older style stock clutch in all C5 Vettes and LS1 f-bodies.
Sounds like you're doing a conversion.. If that's the case, I would use the Tilton 75-series master with a 7/8in bore. Its available from Summit or Jegs for $105. Use the GM slave cylinder, which is available from any parts store for $70-80. Also, you'll need a hydraulic line to adapt from the master to the quick connect fitting on the slave. This line is available from Speedway Motors and is $50. I'd recommend using a Diamond Clutch Stage 1 if you want something stronger than a stock clutch, while retaining stock driveability. There is also a Stage 2 for street/strip, and Stage 3 www.diamondclutch.com
There are kits available that come with the flywheel and slave in addition to the clutch.
The speed bleeder just makes it easier to bleed the clutch. Some cars like the C5 Vettes, its nearly impossible to reach the bleeder valve.
We sell these bleeder kits for $40. Hope this helps!

Last edited by TDP; 01-09-2011 at 08:42 PM.

Quick Reply: clutch help