Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

anyone drive /fly to new york?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 10:17 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone drive /fly to new york?

i might be flying to buy another truck from work to watertown newyork, has anyone been there? driven or fly down there? any help on taking this lil trip will help..... anyone know of any shipping companies that will ship the truck back to los angeles? im talking about a big fedex delivery truck so have that in mind. thanks
Old 01-11-2011, 01:36 PM
FormerVendor

I grew up in NY. I've done the drive twice, lol, about 10 years ago we made it door to door in 36 hours Where specifically is the truck?
Old 01-11-2011, 10:43 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Competition GT
I grew up in NY. I've done the drive twice, lol, about 10 years ago we made it door to door in 36 hours Where specifically is the truck?
watertown ny
Old 01-12-2011, 01:00 AM
FormerVendor

Iin a truck like that you probably don't want to take the Colorado-Utah route, especially this time of year. The OK-TX-NM-AZ is virtually the same distance and a lot flatter. I really have no idea how many miles per tank you can do in the truck, but it's pretty common to have a couple of hundred miles between gas stations, so you'll want to plan for that.
Old 01-12-2011, 01:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Competition GT
Iin a truck like that you probably don't want to take the Colorado-Utah route, especially this time of year. The OK-TX-NM-AZ is virtually the same distance and a lot flatter. I really have no idea how many miles per tank you can do in the truck, but it's pretty common to have a couple of hundred miles between gas stations, so you'll want to plan for that.
That route is damn boring, a whole lot of nothing to see besides the major cities. Lol..But hell make the drive, If i had to drive across country I would.
Old 01-13-2011, 03:22 AM
Staging Lane

Im originally from Rochester NY. Watertown is shitty little town about 2 1/2 to 3 hrs north east of Rochester in the middle of nowhere. Ive driven from LA to Rochester about 6 times. Its 3 days if you stop off to sleep at night & It can be done in 2 days if you have multiple drivers taking shifts. However a one way flight to Syacuse NY is only 7 hrs. From there you would only be an hour drive to Watertown. Hope this helps!
Old 01-13-2011, 06:22 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by NocuousWS6
Im originally from Rochester NY. Watertown is shitty little town about 2 1/2 to 3 hrs north east of Rochester in the middle of nowhere. Ive driven from LA to Rochester about 6 times. Its 3 days if you stop off to sleep at night & It can be done in 2 days if you have multiple drivers taking shifts. However a one way flight to Syacuse NY is only 7 hrs. From there you would only be an hour drive to Watertown. Hope this helps!
thanks man, im planning on flying there friday
Old 01-15-2011, 09:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not too sure, but you may want to take the south route back, given the weather.
Old 01-15-2011, 12:42 PM
Launching!

Wheather wise.....your screwed throughout the states!! If you go the so route...way more miles plus fuel.....just take it ez...screw all tht 3 day drives..ive seen too many people on the side of the road...i used to drive for a livin....ct to ca..be safe