PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Auto Meter Air Fuel Ratio Gauge - Good Choice?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 02:42 PM
Old School Heavy

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

Question Auto Meter Air Fuel Ratio Gauge - Good Choice?

I am considering this A/F ratio gauge for a permanent installation in my car. I have never owned or used one of these meters before. Back in the day, we used EGT gauges.

Is this gauge a good choice for accuracy and quality?

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ATM-3878/
Old 01-11-2011, 03:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unless you just want the round gauge, for that kind of money I would go for a NGK AFX with a NTK sensor. It will be more accurate than what you have linked.

Last edited by ramairJP; 01-11-2011 at 08:26 PM.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:32 PM
Old School Heavy

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by ramairJP
Unless you just want the round gauge, for that kind of money I would go for a NGK AFX with a NKT sensor. It will be more accurate than what you have linked.
I was looking for a permanent installation gauge rather than a handheld. The space I have for the gauge is round. From an aesthetics point of view the above listed gauge is perfect.

I was not aware that the Autometer a/f gauges were inaccurate. Their stuff is typically exceptional, so I assumed it would be a good choice. Is the NGK the only accurate brand?
Old 01-11-2011, 03:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like my AEM uego gauge and it was within .1 of the dyno readout the entire time. Around $200 for it and can change from white to black faces as well. It does not datalog though, so may sell it off to get one that can eventually. My only complaint.
Old 01-11-2011, 08:27 PM
On The Tree

Sorry - I didn't mean to insinuate that the autometer WB is inaccurate or junk. Not at all. However, the bosch sensors don't seem to be as robust as the NTK sensors. For a gauge in the car running on unleaded fuel it will be fine and that package has a lot of nice features. There is a ton of info on all the wideband options through the search.
Old 01-11-2011, 08:47 PM
Teching In

I just went through the same decision, there's a good discussion on the forced induction forum about installing gauges but gets into details on sensors, etc. I ended up ordering Prosports' new Evo gauges - they use the Bosch 4.9 sensor. They don't have the Evo on their site yet but if you call they can send a picture; really good looking, won some awards at the auto show in Vegas recently.

Quick Reply: Auto Meter Air Fuel Ratio Gauge - Good Choice?