Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Detail Kit Auctions for Autism Charity

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 02:08 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Detail Kit Auctions for Autism Charity

A customer and forum member of ours reached out for help with fundraising. His mother works with developmentally challenged kids, particularly those with Autism.
As the father raising a 4 year old son diagnosed with autism I was absolutely in to help as much as I could.

Did you know ...
  • Autism now affects 1 in 110 children and 1 in 70 boys
  • Autism prevalence figures are growing
  • More children will be diagnosed with autism this year than with AIDS, diabetes & cancer combined
  • Autism is the fastest-growing serious developmental disability in the U.S.
  • Autism costs the nation over $35 billion per year, a figure expected to significantly increase in the next decade
  • Autism receives less than 5% of the research funding of many less prevalent childhood diseases
  • Boys are four times more likely than girls to have autism
  • There is no medical detection or cure for autism

The first auction is for our extremely popular Essentials Kit (retail value $199.95) Only one kit is being auctioned off, but 100% of the winning bid will go to the charity.
CLICK HERE TO PLACE A BID

The second auction is for a collection of our most popular products and an all new towel - The Single Soft - (retail value over $50) A total of 12 of these kits are available, and 100% of all of the winning bids will go to the charity.
CLICK HERE TO PLACE A BID

Thank you so much for your contributions and bids. Families like mine all over the US struggle with this fight every day and it thanks to fundraisers, charities, and the support of people like you that help these very special little ones.

Last edited by Matt@adams; 01-12-2011 at 02:43 PM.
Old 01-12-2011, 02:23 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like a great idea. Wish there were more companies out there that would step up for causes like this and not be souly into making that quick buck.
Old 01-13-2011, 11:01 AM
TECH Resident

I applaud this! My sister is a special ed teacher and I hear/see the needs of these kids. Glad someone is stepping up!
Old 01-13-2011, 10:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by beyonddisturbed
I applaud this! My sister is a special ed teacher and I hear/see the needs of these kids. Glad someone is stepping up!
My daughter is a special needs child. She dosen't have autism though, she has somthing completely different. That's why I greatly appreciate that there doing this because no my daughter dosen't have this BUT atleast someone is stepping up and doing something for a great cause other than trying a make a quick buck.
Old 01-13-2011, 11:27 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 9WhiteCamaro9
My daughter is a special needs child. She dosen't have autism though, she has somthing completely different. That's why I greatly appreciate that there doing this because no my daughter dosen't have this BUT atleast someone is stepping up and doing something for a great cause other than trying a make a quick buck.

Same here. My youngest son has high functioning autism, and even then its a constant battle. This is a great cause to fight for and I applaud you guys for raising money for the fight.
Old 01-13-2011, 11:49 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by LCTA
Same here. My youngest son has high functioning autism, and even then its a constant battle. This is a great cause to fight for and I applaud you guys for raising money for the fight.
My daughter has Charge Syndrome. It happens in 1 and every 20,000 births. The only other child that I know that has it actually lives in the same county as I do and the childs parents graduated from a rival high school from the one I graduated from. As soon as my daughter was born she was sent to a heck of a lot better hospital than the one she was born at and it wasn't long after she was sent up there that the other child was born and sent up there and the kicker was none of the nurses and doctors put 2 and 2 together and we didn't know about each other for like a month after the kids was sent to the better hospital, lol.
Old 01-14-2011, 01:37 AM
FormerVendor

Thanks for all your bids and feedback everyone! One thing thats amazing to me, after posting this across so many forums, the number of members chiming in to say 'my son/daughter was diagnosed with autism'

Its a lonely feeling sometimes being the parent of a special needs child, but then occasionally you realize that you're not alone and a lot of families are fighting the same things you are.

Our little guy was diagnosed just days before his 2nd birthday - now hes an active 4 year old. At the time of his diagnosis I wasn't sure how I'd deal with it, my wife and I just felt helpless. Now I understand that I was meant for this challenge and if I have anything to say about it he'll reach a full recovery some day and lead a typical life despite the challenges that were thrown at him early.

Thanks to all of you for your support!
Old 01-14-2011, 02:53 AM
TECH Junkie

^ I was 16 and a junior in high school when my daughter was born and immediatly when she was born they new something wasn't right cause they could see her gasping for air but couldn't get anything. They then found out that the nasal cavaty in her skull did not have the openings for her to breath so being 16 and seeing all of that, I started to panic worse than what the doctors did cause the doctors where she was born had never seen nor heard of what she had. There were many days I thought that there was no way I was the man for this kind of job but seeing her come through everything she did when the doctors said she wouldn't make it past x months made me realize that if she can make it with all this mess, then I'll be by her side no matter what.
Old 01-14-2011, 03:26 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 9WhiteCamaro9
^ I was 16 and a junior in high school when my daughter was born and immediatly when she was born they new something wasn't right cause they could see her gasping for air but couldn't get anything. They then found out that the nasal cavaty in her skull did not have the openings for her to breath so being 16 and seeing all of that, I started to panic worse than what the doctors did cause the doctors where she was born had never seen nor heard of what she had. There were many days I thought that there was no way I was the man for this kind of job but seeing her come through everything she did when the doctors said she wouldn't make it past x months made me realize that if she can make it with all this mess, then I'll be by her side no matter what.

Man, I had my oldest boy when I was 16 too........crazy stuff. Your daughter sounds lucky to have you. I'm always glad to hear stories like yours......and those doctors always tend to underestimate the fight those little ones can put up don't they?
Old 01-14-2011, 03:36 AM
TECH Junkie

Man, I had my oldest boy when I was 16 too........crazy stuff. Your daughter sounds lucky to have you. I'm always glad to hear stories like yours......and those doctors always tend to underestimate the fight those little ones can put up don't they?
Excuse my language but your damn right about the doctors underestimating the small ones. I felt bad to causes the day my daughter was born, my own mother had to check me out of school, lol. But as of today though, there's more to the story like the mother won't let me see my daughter but we will save that for a bright, sunny day that way I won't feel all down and crap.
Old 01-14-2011, 07:20 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Dylan@adams
Now I understand that I was meant for this challenge and if I have anything to say about it he'll reach a full recovery some day and lead a typical life despite the challenges that were thrown at him early.
I could learn a thing or two from you. With that attitude, both you and your boy will pull through anything.

Major kudos to you for doing this charity. I wish I had some money to help the cause. A good friend of mine's son was diagnosed with autism at an early age as well, now he's 100%. It was tough on everyone but with some support everyone pulled through, and now he's living the typical life of a young kid.

And I agree with doctor's underestimating kids so much. I was diagnosed with a progressive retinal disease a few years ago (I'm 18) and the doctor told me I'd never be able to drive. Well, look at me now, three years later and I got my license. With the right attitude you can overcome anything.

Let's keep bumping this one and keep it at the top fellas. Good luck OP.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:46 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Dylan@adams
[snip]Our little guy was diagnosed just days before his 2nd birthday - now hes an active 4 year old. At the time of his diagnosis I wasn't sure how I'd deal with it, my wife and I just felt helpless. Now I understand that I was meant for this challenge and if I have anything to say about it he'll reach a full recovery some day and lead a typical life despite the challenges that were thrown at him early.

Thanks to all of you for your support!
Similar story here. My 6yr old was diagnosed at 3 1/2 yrs, and we were at a total loss on what to do. He is now fairly high functioning and we meet this challenge head-on every day.