PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need help with trouble codes on a buddies car!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 10:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help with trouble codes on a buddies car!!

Ok so the car says check column lock but has the bypass, so we check the codes and we come up with 1016,1064,1096 which are loss of connection with Pcm, Bcm, and Ipc. I ran a wire brush over the ground on the frame rail right under the battery and the terminals so no corroded ground connection. shook the accordian between cab and passenger door so no short to speak of there, out of ideas and i dont want to have to tell him that he needs a new bcm. Need some serious help, thanks yal.
Old 01-15-2011, 12:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ChrisBrekken
Ok so the car says check column lock but has the bypass, so we check the codes and we come up with 1016,1064,1096 which are loss of connection with Pcm, Bcm, and Ipc. I ran a wire brush over the ground on the frame rail right under the battery and the terminals so no corroded ground connection. shook the accordian between cab and passenger door so no short to speak of there, out of ideas and i dont want to have to tell him that he needs a new bcm. Need some serious help, thanks yal.
Can you supply more info about the vehicle? It would be helpful to know what you're working on.
Old 01-15-2011, 01:15 AM

o of course sorry. it's a '99 corvette FRC with a manual 6 speed
Old 01-15-2011, 01:51 PM

still really needing help. could it be since they tried a hard reset by disconnecting the battery that the bcm is confused by the CLB and that we need to use the cigarette lighter power output jumper thing that came with the CLB to shock it and get it back on track?
Old 01-17-2011, 03:53 PM

really? nobody can help me with this?