LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

New Opti, Car Dies P0372??

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 01:19 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Opti, Car Dies P0372??

ok so my car was in the shop for a few days getting a new opti plugs and wires put in. picked up the car today and it has DTC P0372. it also has trouble starting but once it starts it runs well, very smooth and no apparent lack of power. anyways it had trouble starting twice and after the second time i drove and after just a few miles the car just shut off and refused to start again. anybody know what this could be? from what im reading on the searches, it sounds like a bad opti. thing is, this one is brand new, not a reman, with about 30 miles on it. the opti brand is rich porter from oreilly. it appeared to be a very well built unit, but who knows. the harness for the opti was also replaced, so i dont think it would be that.

had the car towed back to the shop that put it in for me. tow truck driver locked the keys in the car and told me he shut the door and they locked themselves . dirty hand prints all over the t-top and the door and it looks like they tried to jimmy the door themselves before i got there. had a road rescue type guy come out and open it for me. lucky for me, the towing and the door opening was free through this sams auto club thing. anyways, if it turns out to be the opti i'll march back to oreilly and demand my money back and just bite the bullet for a delco unit.
Old 01-15-2011, 02:10 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If the opti turns out bad, try one from Chandler Motorsports. From what I've read they offer an opti with lifetime warranty, and a few guys on the fourm run them with no complaints. Plus it's a hell of a lot cheaper than an AcDelco unit

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/new-o...item4cee04fc51

https://ls1tech.com/forums/lt1-lt4-m...torsports.html

Here are some links on where to buy, and some testimonials.

Good luck and keep us posted.
Old 01-15-2011, 04:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get a CM opti. ^^^this guy speaks truth

Quick Reply: New Opti, Car Dies P0372??