Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

TR6060 Transmission Swap

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 12:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lightbulb TR6060 Transmission Swap

I'm converting my trans to a new TR6060, does anyone have a need for all new T56 internals that were REM finished by Rockland Standard Gear? This includes everything needed to rebuild your current transmission. All components... ie gears, Carbon Syncros, Main shaft ect...

PM me if your interested
Old 01-16-2011, 10:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can just convert the T56 to the 6060?

I bought a 6060 from a camaro on ebay and it looks identical to the caddy's T56. As soon as I get my car back from the damn body shop I'm going to see how everything fits.
Old 01-17-2011, 07:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its expensive to do $3500 - $4000 but it can be done using a T56 case. There is a company on this forum talking about the swap and how its possible.

I'm just trying to figure out the best way to get this done. It may be just to sell my transmission as a whole completely built, and then get another case to do the build. Not sure yet.

Good luck with your Camaro trans swap, I don't know the dimensions on that new trans but I do know its somewhat similar and looks very close to being the same. There might be a length difference causing a new driveshaft to be needed, but thats a good upgrade anyway.

If the camaro trans does work out to fit, the benefit is we CTS-V guys can use the MGW camaro shifter which is an awesome smooth Caddy-like shifter. People should look into that and get on MGW's case to bring one to market for us all.

Quick Reply: TR6060 Transmission Swap