Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

LT1 vs. LS1 tan interior?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 03:18 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LT1 vs. LS1 tan interior?

Hey guys, i got a quick question for ya. Were the tan interiors outta the lt1 cars a different shade than the ones that came in the ls cars? It looks a little darker from the few pictures ive seen, but maybe its just the lighting or the camera. Thanks
Old 01-15-2011, 04:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think there was a name difference.
93-97 was Tan
While, 98-02 was Tan/Neutral
Old 01-15-2011, 05:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

93-95 tan is all the same color . It was called camel and its a nite and day difference from neutral that is much lighter . 96 is when they switched to light neutral and the 96-2002 neutral color is all the same shade .
Old 01-15-2011, 06:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Camel was the tan/ebony combo. Only available from 00-02.
Old 01-15-2011, 06:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yea, my bad on the naming . I just checked my 93-95 dealer brochures , the tan in those years was called medium beige for the Camaros and just beige for the firebirds .
Old 01-15-2011, 09:34 PM
Staging Lane

Sick, thanks guys. So here is the panel in question:

The seller says it from a '96 TA, which should be the same color tan as my '02. What do you guys think? The only thing is that i would have to swap over my armrest, and the bottom part cause mine is ebony not grey. Has anyone tried that before? It looks like the parts are just held on by the plastic being melted there. Maybe i can cut the melted part off then put it back together with some screws and washers. Thoughts...
Old 01-15-2011, 10:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Super-Bat
Camel was the tan/ebony combo. Only available from 00-02.
Is that your stock interior? I have the tan/black interior, doesn't quite look like that. My seats are all tan, the carpet, the sun visors. Your interior has more black. Mine has more tan. I like the two tone seats.
Old 01-15-2011, 10:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by guy7bmwm83
Is that your stock interior? I have the tan/black interior, doesn't quite look like that. My seats are all tan, the carpet, the sun visors. Your interior has more black. Mine has more tan. I like the two tone seats.
The picture I posted was one I found off google. As stated before, that's "Camel" which is tan and ebony. Stock color scheme, but very rare.
I had an all tan interior, much like what you're describing.
Here's my door panel for instance:

Granted, that's pre-ebony swap.
I've since swapped everything to ebony in my interior.
Old 01-16-2011, 11:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by RAWPWR3
Sick, thanks guys. So here is the panel in question:

The seller says it from a '96 TA, which should be the same color tan as my '02. What do you guys think? The only thing is that i would have to swap over my armrest, and the bottom part cause mine is ebony not grey. Has anyone tried that before? It looks like the parts are just held on by the plastic being melted there. Maybe i can cut the melted part off then put it back together with some screws and washers. Thoughts...
If you have access to see that panel for yourself , all the colors should be molded into the back of the panel with the name and serial number . If thats a 96 panel , Graphite/medium grey/nuetral/white and flame red should be present on the back ( should be in the front top corner of the panel ) . 93-95 would say beige instead of neutral . Theres also another stamp adjacent to the list of all available colors for the given year with the actual color of the panel . Hope that helps as far as determaining the correct color .

With those Sonic welds for the armrest, you need to cut the smashed plastic cap off the back . I try to cut the smashed weld off as clean as I can because when I reattach the armrest I epoxy the posts on the armrest and epoxy the smashed weld piece back on . The best possible way to re-attached , would be to weld it back together with a plastic welder( using polypropelene weld rods ) , thats if you have access to one. Buying one, just for this project, would be pretty pointless when the epoxy will work fine . Make sure you use a plastic weld epoxy . The general use epoxys arent gonna work to well on the low energy plastic( polypropelene) GM used on these door panels .
Old 01-16-2011, 01:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

93-95 is tan

96-02 neutral

Old 01-16-2011, 04:12 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks alot LT4, i think im gonna go for it and try out what you said. Unfourtunatley its an auction on ebay, and theres only a few hours left so i cant really confirm if its a neutral one. But after looking at the pic that fbodyrs96 posted im pretty certain its the neutral and not tan. The good thing is that its not cracked, and he's selling the panel cheap too. Atleast itll give me a little project to do. Thanks again everyone

Quick Reply: LT1 vs. LS1 tan interior?