LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Question about driveability?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 08:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about driveability?

Ok this question is for those of you who have true duals with an x pipe on there cars.I want to know if after adding the true duals did you all notice a better low end torque feel,because right now with my off road y pipe the car feels very week on the low end side and sounds horrible too?Any comments are helpful because im debating on throwing on a muffler and calling it a day or upgrading to true duals with an x pipe and single chambers.So any of your input is helpful.Thanks for reading
Old 01-16-2011, 08:46 PM
Teching In

what size headers do you have and what other mods do you have on motor? if you put on headers that are too big with no other mods you will lose low end torque
Old 01-16-2011, 09:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by lt1camaroveight
Ok this question is for those of you who have true duals with an x pipe on there cars.I want to know if after adding the true duals did you all notice a better low end torque feel,because right now with my off road y pipe the car feels very week on the low end side and sounds horrible too?Any comments are helpful because im debating on throwing on a muffler and calling it a day or upgrading to true duals with an x pipe and single chambers.So any of your input is helpful.Thanks for reading
If you have headers the duals and X pipe is the way to go.
Old 01-16-2011, 09:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

i did ORY with no muff's.. felt weak on low end torq and sounded raspy, same with TruDuals no muff's,same with TruDuals and Bullets/resonators... put muffs on TruDuals low torq feeling returned ..now i'm adding an X and trying bullets/resonators for ground clearance and torq feel
Old 01-16-2011, 09:49 PM
Resident Racing Jerk

only added low end i noticed was the lower side of the mufflers dragging across the speedbumps. took that crap off of there and have been happier since. although the mufflex 4" weighs a ton, it worked pretty well for me. my exhaust now is a factory slp dual-dual. like it the most so far. little over 400rwhp LS1 car.

my gta has bullets off the headers. loud but who cares.
Old 01-17-2011, 02:12 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ill let you know soon, Im ditching my ORY/GMMG for catted 3 inch TDs
Old 01-17-2011, 10:31 AM

Sorry i forgot to mention my car has a kn intake and 1le elbow and pacesetter longtubes.
Old 01-17-2011, 11:21 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You will most likely need a tune to get any "lost" low end back. There will be no low end loss with a properly tuned car and a lower restriction exhaust. Backpressure does not equate to torque.

Even though it may seem like it at first, don't confuse being louder at the same mph with a loss of low end.