Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Injector?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 02:14 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Injector?

What LB HR injectors do I need for a blower? It's going to be a Vortech V3 on an LS1 running boost level safe for a stock LS1. I'm planning on doing the dual intank fuel pump setup. I'm probably not going to increase the boost level until a year or so down the road when I get a new motor. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-17-2011, 02:18 AM
12 Second Club

Forgot to mention; current mods are milled 243 heads and a comp 228. 232 585 591 112 LSA cam and full bolt ons with the LS6 intake.
Old 01-17-2011, 12:06 PM
TECH Resident

www.rceng.com go to technical, go to injectors.

what is the airflow on that supercharger? what power do you plan on making near? Vortech can tell you this.

Likely you will be fine with either a Bosch 044 pump & racetronix in tank 255 OR TWIN Racetronix 255 pumps.

I'm going to guess you will want a FPR, as you are going boosted, as it makes things nicer to deal with, and probably 42# @43.5psi RATED or higher injectors RATED injectors at 43.5psi

what happens under BOOST is that your fuel pressure, yes, is say 58psi, but the actual delivered FUEL PRESSURE is 58PSI MINUS your boost.
SO, technically speaking, your injectors must have enough "fuel" at the equivalent PSI to support your motor, UNLESS you get a FPR (Fuel pressure regulator) which INCREASES fuel pressure to accommodate for BOOST aka pressure change
Old 01-17-2011, 01:26 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ZL1Killa
www.rceng.com go to technical, go to injectors.

what is the airflow on that supercharger? what power do you plan on making near? Vortech can tell you this.

Likely you will be fine with either a Bosch 044 pump & racetronix in tank 255 OR TWIN Racetronix 255 pumps.

I'm going to guess you will want a FPR, as you are going boosted, as it makes things nicer to deal with, and probably 42# @43.5psi RATED or higher injectors RATED injectors at 43.5psi

what happens under BOOST is that your fuel pressure, yes, is say 58psi, but the actual delivered FUEL PRESSURE is 58PSI MINUS your boost.
SO, technically speaking, your injectors must have enough "fuel" at the equivalent PSI to support your motor, UNLESS you get a FPR (Fuel pressure regulator) which INCREASES fuel pressure to accommodate for BOOST aka pressure change
Thanks very much for your advice. I'll try to find out what the flow is on it.
Old 01-17-2011, 06:35 PM
TECH Resident

please research, ask questions like you are, and understand how the entire fuel injectors work & etc. All I ask is just to break it all down and think about it, pressures, flow, power, etc.

-Stevo