Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

suspension questions..

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2004, 02:50 PM
SSU Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default suspension questions..

I was trying to spend my yearly bonus...on suspension pieces. I pretty much need new shocks anyway, and I wanted to know everyone recommendations and likes and dislikes on aftermarket suspension pieces on daily drivers.

i drive my auto ta every day, but i'd like it to handle a whole lot better. i don't roadrace or autox and very rarely drag race, just want to have more fun on the street. I definately want subframes and like I said i need new shocks.

so...what would you recommend? what do you have and how is it on the street? I am looking at LG stuff with them installing it since Im right around the corner.

off hand, I was thinking just subframes, g2 springs, and bilsteins. maybe a PHR to straighten the axle? who has these and how does it ride? how does it handle?
Old 02-10-2004, 06:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You cannot go wrong with G2 parts ...

Take it one step at a time ... making wholesale changes is never a good idea.

I suggest you get the Bilstiens and really good performance alignment. That will make a huge difference in handling.

G2 springs aren't available right now. They will lower the car significantly and affect ride quality. But they will also enhance handling beyond shocks and alignment.

Subframes are always a great choice.

Get a PHB if you get tire rub. No need to buy something you don't need.
Old 02-11-2004, 04:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Stop by and talk to Mr. Gigliotti in person if your right down the street! I believe that would be your best option.
Old 02-14-2004, 02:12 AM
Staging Lane

Can't go wrong w/ LG or Mitch's advice... I picked his brain more than once when doing my suspension.

Do you have wheelhop? I had a nasty case and LG G2 Poly/Rod LCAs killed it

PHB... eh.. didn't notice much, but I guess daily driving never would unless you just need it to recenter.

Oh, and as others will say.... trash the stock shocks... they are uber sucketh.

Quick Reply: suspension questions..