Sponsored by:

98 Camaro ls1 into Lola T70 replica

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 03:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 Camaro ls1 into Lola T70 replica

Hey all,

this is actually my first post, I have been a lurker for a long time on this forum, but now my ls1 engine is about to go into the Lola T70 spider replica I'm having a few isues that need to be adressed.

first the facts:
my engine is a 5.7L ls1 from a wrecked 1998 chevrolet camaro with an automatic transmission, the wreck was imported fro germany.
it wil go into a kitcar that has NONE of the original parts of the camaro exept: Engine, engine loom, PCM (the round looking one), pre cat O2 sensors.
The transmission that I will use is a Manual 5 speed Porsche G50-03 Transaxle from a 964/911,
dashbord is a Stack 8031P dashbord out of a real lola race car. so none of the PCM's outputs are usable and all will be disconnected.
fuel presure is controlled by a mallory adjustable FPR with a self build fuel tank that runs the stock camaro fuel pump from a normal bosch type relay.
To solve the VATS problem without the Body Control Module I will try and use the Baker electronix VATS delete box,
Fans are "twin 25Amp 12" pacets" opperated by 2 parralel switching Bosch 30Atype relays. (no need for 2 speed, when I need fans I want all cooling I can get)

My questions are:
1)If I use the "bakers-electronics vats box" to deal with VATS, and I delete all of the below listed sensors from the wiring harnes, will the engine run as per normaly, without the PCM having to be reprogrammed with EFI live HP tuners or the like? or wil it enter some sort of limp home mode? I would rather run the PCM as is and upgrade any tuning when it is registered and on plates.

2)will the PCM controll my fuelpump truning on and off?

3)what are the stock temp values that the pcm will be programmed on to opperate the radiator fans?

4) which fan output do I need to wire up contolling my single speed dual fans? (this must be the lowest temp one)

the folowing sensors and valves and sol's will/can not be used in my application:

Vehicle speed sensor
trans skip shift sol
trans reverse inhibit sol
evaporative emissions canister purge valve
air pump
secondary air injection bleed valve sol
secondary air injection pump
fuel level sensor
fuel tank pressure sensor
Oil level sensor
right rear 02
left rear 02

all of automatic transmission, sensor listed
T tcc sol
U tcc pwm sol
B 2-3 sol
S 3-2 sol
A 1-2 sol
presure control sol valve
trans fluid temp send
trans automatic press swith

AC refrifg press sensor
stop lamp switch

all of EGR system sensors listed
B egr sens ground
D egr sens 5v ref
C egr pintle pos
A egr valve ground
E egr valve ctrl

evap emis can vent valve Tank
park neutral pos switch
theft deterent fuel
AC clutch status
Traction control spark retard
fuel gauge output dashbord
AC request
low oil lamp control
AC request to AC system
vss sig output to dash

I don not care wether the PCM throws a thousand MIL lights and codes to me, I just want it to run properly and pass the emission test.

I would very much appreciate your input on this.

if it turns out that this will not work OK, what programmer would you recomend sending my ECU to? (prefferably in europe)

cheers, Tom.
The netherlands

Last edited by T70 spider; 01-18-2011 at 03:55 PM. Reason: what'ya think? spelling offcourse
Old 01-19-2011, 12:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anyone?

input needed: expecially on the transmission part.

regards Tom

Quick Reply: 98 Camaro ls1 into Lola T70 replica