Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

240sx swap and c6 ls2 headers?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 10:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 240sx swap and c6 ls2 headers?

I've started to see in a few guides/parts list that say the c6 ls2 headers fit without any modification. In the pictures they look like a lot like a set of block hugger shorties, with an oval flange. So, in pics they look good, but many a person has said that and been screwed by the steering rack and arm assembly.

However, the only guy I've seen post anything about them during a build went with the C5 headers since he was using custom mounts and no one else's headers or anything fit except that.

I'm piecing together my LS swap for my s14 and would like to save almost $1000 of swap price if I can (just like everyone else )

Anyways anyone who has done this or has any input on it let me know!
Old 01-19-2011, 05:28 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The problem I had with those manifolds on my 240Z is the outlets turn out instead of going straight down. That turned them right into the frame rails on the Z.

Maybe not much help since you have a different car, but if your SX has chassis rails anywhere near the engine it might.

I also have an unused set of those manifolds off my crate engine if you interested in buying some.
Old 01-19-2011, 07:59 AM
On The Tree

Yeah one of the guys at silviav8 posted a pic confirming the style that I had found, I'm just waiting for someone who has actually used them to post some pics. I would hate to spend the money and them not actually fit.
Old 01-19-2011, 02:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I haven't tried those as I don't have a set yet. My 240SX had F-body manifolds on it with the flange cut off and additional pipe welded to it. That cleared the steering shaft but the engine was pretty far forward. It might still clear with the engine back but we never tried it. I switched to the Hinson headers and moved the motor back 1.5 inches. Take a look at the G8 and new Camaro manifolds. Also the Trailblazer SS might work. They all dump pretty far back. We are currently using CTS-V manifolds on a Toyota Supra and they clear the steering shaft so you might even try those. The good thing is if you buy a set and they don't work you can usually get your money back out of them.
Old 01-20-2011, 09:27 PM
On The Tree

One of the guys on silviav8 posted pics of his RHD build with the C6 manifolds. I figure if they can clear the starter and steering column on a RHD the LHD should be even easier- time will tell, and I got my fingers crossed!

Quick Reply: 240sx swap and c6 ls2 headers?